• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re: M37 for cash or trade. Not mine.

mdog

Well I bought it. Went and got it Monday. 820 miles round trip in one long day. Smooth recovery. Sorry no pics. Still has all military lights, heater, winch, non military hard top, plus all the firefighting gear. Its a M37B1.

mdog

mdog

I'll try to do some pics, I have questions about the top. It fits very good but has a rectangular rear glass with rounded corners. Does not slide open. Is this military? It also has a wooden shelf or support above the windshield on the inside. Its a 1962 model. I also have two 1952 m37's for parts. Is everything interchangable? I thought I read the transmission was different on the later models.

mdog

M-37Bruce

Congrats

Who- Haa!
I think your right on the tranny ? the dash has different illumination and the wiring is Packard in stead of Douglass. (They are interchangeable to a certain extent.)
I to would like to see some pic's, looks solid from the ad? :-D
Supposedly the steel was of a lesser grade, I think the judge is still out on that,,,,,maybe that is a good ? for SNOPES? :roll:

mdog

The seller said the previous owner bought it from the fire dept about 15 years ago and drove it a few years. Its been sitting for 10+ years. The brakes are bad and the exhaust valves are sticking open. The sheet metal is good. I took the head off and will clean the valves, rebuild the carb, and cross my fingers. I did not get a good cab picture so I will try again.m37 013.jpgm37 014.jpgm37 007.jpgm37 011.jpgI'm having to learn how to use my wife's camera and this internet picture stuff at the same time. The pile of wire is extra wiring that the fire dept put on for lights, sirens, pump and hose power, etc.
mdog

Attachments

I do like that truck, looks like a solid find. My 37 came with a similar pile of wiring, and a front bumper extension that took a while to remove. Keep us posted with the pics, and keep up the good work.

Wolf.Dose

The switches right of the instrument cluster to me do look like fire department stuff. Else it looks like it should look. From the pics good condition.
Brake service is allways needed on these babies.
There are two choises: Maintain it as a fire truck or put it back to the military standard.
I Think I would keep it as a fire truck (you said you have almost allthe stuff), make it a military use, run throu the internet. It will take time, may be you find something simelar from the AIR FORCE, they always had someting special.
If not who will prove that. OK, ok, some will say thats not original, not the intended use of MV'S. But prove the opposite.....
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks