• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

street legal

Patton

When a person purchases a CUCV that has not been altered at all, its original military form is there anything that has to be done to the CUCV itself to make it street legal or is it already considered street legal. Like do seatbelts and airbags have to be added or more lighting and things like that.

3dubs

It depends on the the state. in Texas you just have to put plates on. The back one is a pain in the back end. it also depends on the condition of the vehicle. But they have all the lights and seat belts that are on the civi version just a few extra.

papercu

In some of the old moonshine states, that switch that cut off the brake lights will at least make LEO look harder. Don't know if there is a law but I'll bet this is one somewhere. :-D Wayne

Bobert

I'm in VA. Never lit my rear plate, haven't heard a word about it, including from the inspector...
Around here the cops like to follow you around and see if you are doing anything illegal. Plate light must be high on the list because I've been pulled over for it in 3 different vehicles.

Maybe it's just my cohorts and I.:roll:

joeypushjr1

i just put mine where the pintle use to be . i have a trailor hitch on minesoi dont need the pintle . pluse i have a pintle attachment for the reciever any way .. no light i havent had problems

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks