• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 gun truck

charlietango

sorry bro's no updates done yet. haven't even had time to think about it, been busy working on the deuce

the Crye is great. that is a squad from Brooks Alberta. I believe you are right and it is the CAGE stuff complete. Our unit uses MARPAT and it and the CRYE are IMO the best out there.

charlietango

lol
welcome to my world.

I am integrating a rack with the turret now to have the best of both worlds. plus I will have the plain old factory canopy for the simple normal 10-09 look

dskchevy

Mine had a hole in the roof when I got it..... The border patrol had a Flir unit sticking out.
I was told they parked on high ground and watched all the new citizens walk across the border.......................:roll: My Girls would get mad when it rained so I patched it up......8)

charlietango

haha rgr here it is... I was looking for it ;)

So the cage is done.. The turret itself slides into angles and bolts so it is quickly installed/removed yet very secure.

The cage bolts in using the current top bolting locations so it can be run with or without the top. Once the turret is removed you can choose to run top with hole or top without hole ( i have both ) and then it just acts as cargo rack. We had 800 lbs on it, no problem.

Also note we added a tactical step to the rear and integrated a grab handle to the back rack for quick insertions or evac's. Its meant to be a high speed unit and thus contains no armour. suppress and destroy ;)

sorry for the resurrections, I've been busy.

Attachments

SPCWarning

SWWEEEEEEEEET!!!! Man, as much as my sons love deer hunting..........ok, maybe that would be overkill for our deer hunting, but MAN that's cool!
Looks like a "military shoulda-woulda-coulda" deal.
:beer:
Jimmy

charlietango

this will tie you guys over, excuse the paint etc as soon as we thaw out up here its going to get some fresh body work and paint so I just dusted it enough to get through the winter.....

Ok so as you can see we had to re-locate the antenna mount outwards.. made some simple dowels. The little angles on the top accept the 'turret'. Two on either side and one at the front welded, the rear one un screws and flips over to lock the turret in once its slid into the welded 3. Rear grab handle and step. The sides will be skinned in the spring and there will be hangars on the side for quickly attaching ruck's and gear.

Attachments

charlietango

I've just started constructing a cargo basket that integrates into the universal slide-in mounting angles pictures up soon.

Inspired by the window screen thread I will also be doing some tweaking to this rig. I need to add airbags to the suspension with all the steel I'm adding

bshupe

Here is a military made one:
Im no expert but given the home made brush guard and non standard camo job I would say this is no something the military built or modified. Oh... and theres the civi GM badge on the front fender too. Like I said, Im no expert but that photo is pretty hinky.

jdeoliveira74

this will tie you guys over, excuse the paint etc as soon as we thaw out up here its going to get some fresh body work and paint so I just dusted it enough to get through the winter.....

Ok so as you can see we had to re-locate the antenna mount outwards.. made some simple dowels. The little angles on the top accept the 'turret'. Two on either side and one at the front welded, the rear one un screws and flips over to lock the turret in once its slid into the welded 3. Rear grab handle and step. The sides will be skinned in the spring and there will be hangars on the side for quickly attaching ruck's and gear.
Thats what i am talking about!! Nice build keep us posted!!! i want want a rack

joediveguy

Looking good CharlieTango! I would love to hear more about your build. I am planning something similar and would love to see more pictures and hear how you mounted this to the rail of your truck. Did you have to shave any of the fiberglass of the top? How much does that weigh? If you have any closeup’s of that mounting point I would love to see them. Thanks, Joe

charlietango

its not that heavy, i can load it on myself by tipping the front on and lifting the rear to slide it into place. the mounting plates utilize the two front and two rear existing canopy bolt locations. I'd guess its a just a bit heavier than the top itself with glass but I can weigh it and definitely grab some more pictures. the winged flanges enable it to stay seated also while removing the top to either run, in my case, a top with a hole for the turret or no top at all. No modifications to the top necessary. the rubber seal conforms to the difference when its torqued down, doesn't leak and its not enough of a difference to cause damage to the fiberglass when tightened down.

jdeoliveira74

make it out of aluminum and now we are talking light weight, strong loosing the top around300 lbs and adding a soft top is like loosing to decent sized people in back or lots of cargo for the run...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks