• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery disaster - Long

CGarbee

As someone who has three of these engines in the backyard (encased in a XM813, M817, and a M816), I appreciate the follow up on what happened to the NHC250... Hated to hear about it going down in the first place and I feel the pain of the expense.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was my question on why he did not hook up the brakes. That is what the glad hands are for on the 5 ton to hook up for the brakes. Sounds like to me that someone needs to be more familiar with there truck. Have said that I do not know all. But I would think that towing all that would have been better with all the brakes working.

But Im am glad its all fixed up and no one was hurt while all the towing and on the side of the road action.
I guess I forgot to say that the front emergency air valve was frozen. That's why we just went to the trailer brakes. The tow truck driver said it still pulled better than most big rigs he's towed.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Engine was low miles

Trailboss, I might have missed it, but how many miles were on that engine? Sorry to read of your frustrating journey.

Thanks...
It had 147 miles when I picked it up last summer from GL, and I put about another 900-1000 miles on it by the time the valve dropped. It's got just under 2000 miles now.

I was worried that I broke it, but the mechanic said sometimes things just break. He said oil flow was good, and there was no signs of over-revving. Maybe something was not done right , or there was a minor stress crack when the engine was rebuilt, and the valve just let go. I never drove it over 2100 rpm, and since I got it back, I'm staying below 1900 rpm, which is about 48 mph.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad it's running. I guess it's been debugged at this time. Alternate replacement engines that fit that truck cost more than the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks