• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I wonder why they pulled all the m35a2s

Pawnshop

Correct which is why this thread was started. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some answers as to why (since today is a holiday)
I know, just updating... I didn't think about the holiday though.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Sorry, No Lot Found, or Lot pulled by Sales Admin team.[/SIZE][/FONT]

ABN173

I know, just updating... I didn't think about the holiday though.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Sorry, No Lot Found, or Lot pulled by Sales Admin team.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Yeah I checked a few times myself, you know what I find really odd is that this is the possibly the largest MV site around you would think we would have a inside lead on information when it comes to stuff like this. I am a newbie myself but some guys here have been collecting MV's for Decades. At least the pull seems to be only M35A2's so far, I remember late last year GL pull everything that required a EUC.

Scarecrow1

I called GL today and ask what happened to the ones I had ear marked in the bid list . They told me that one of several things had happened but most likely the Military had changed their status and pulled them back with no explanation. They couldn't even guess when they might come back on the market.:cry: But now it gives me more time to build up more funds :-D

G-Force

Worst part about it is they are still displaying the deuces that were supposed to be up for auction this week on that darn GL add on the left of the steel soldiers website page.......its torture :cry:

greenjeepster

Yeah I checked a few times myself, you know what I find really odd is that this is the possibly the largest MV site around you would think we would have a inside lead on information when it comes to stuff like this. I am a newbie myself but some guys here have been collecting MV's for Decades. At least the pull seems to be only M35A2's so far, I remember late last year GL pull everything that required a EUC.
I called the local guy at Fort Knox today and he said that his trucks were pulled because they are being relocated to a different sales site. I guess they move inventory to areas that have higher demand and bring a higher sale price:?:

greenjeepster

Unless they are just moving them off of the guard base and to Knox I don't see how moving them will do anything but cost more money that they are worth. Maybe it is part of the stimulus package, move useless military equipment around the country to keep truck drivers in work.:grin:

I see a lot of private contractors moving new armored trucks south on the interstate all the time. Wish I had their job, I would be pulled over at the nearest rest area drooling all over the trucks.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
M35A2's have been determined unsafe, (M151's flip over), due too the single circuit brake system, they are all going to scrap. . . :p

:wink:

of course I can in no way confirm ANY of the above statements. . . . :twisted:

Nonotagain

I see a lot of private contractors moving new armored trucks south on the interstate all the time. Wish I had their job, I would be pulled over at the nearest rest area drooling all over the trucks.
When I was down at Jacksonville (Blount Island) a few weeks back they had thousands of trucks awaiting shipment overseas.

I have never seen as many armored vehicles in one place in my life as I saw there. Everything from armored Humvee's, to the newest Oshkosh 7.5 ton trucks, hundreds of new HEMTT's and PLS, as well as a few HET tractors.

Funny thing was, at the start of my trip while sitting in traffic on the on the Baltimore Beltway, I saw two HEMTT trucks being flat bedded up north. They did not appear to be all that large while on the flat bed tractor trailer.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update

I just made a call to see what's up with the M35A2's being pulled.

I was told they are on "V Hold". Verification Hold (checking the classification was correct)

Why, who knows(who cares). They will be back up soon enough. :wink:

You can stop loading your bunkers and boiling your water. The zombie apocalypse seems to have been averted this time.....

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Update

I just made a call to see what's up with the M35A2's being pulled.

I was told they are on "V Hold". Verification Hold (checking the classification was correct)

Why, who knows(who cares). They will be back up soon enough. :wink:

You can stop loading your bunkers and boiling your water. The zombie apocolyple seems to have been averted this time.....

Zombie Denier!!! :razz:

DanielP

With the budget problems we have, I doubt any bureaucrat could justify scrapping something that could be sold for cold hard cash, even if it is only 1500 bucks.

6x6guy

When going down I 65 to the Creek, I saw at least 12 brand new HEMITTS going North, maybe something to due with a recall I saw something about Oshkosh on some web site, ( problems with the fuel mixture affecting the performance of the new units at higher altitude - not dependable and were not being used due to many failures, and the manufacture was working on a fix) but on the way back North I noticed alot of the same trucks with additional boxes mounted on each going South. :roll:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks