• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help! Dickson,TN will not accept sf97

Blood_of_Tyrants

The good thing about not needing a sf97 (if they will in fact do it) is saving $60 and weeks waiting for the sf97. I may try it on my next truck and see what they say. I do feel I may have burned a few bridges over this ordeal though. Dickson is a fairly small town and I know several people that work in the Clerk's office and I caused quite a stink over this. I have trouble almost every time I deal with them so it's been building for some time and this deal pushed me over the edge. When they found out I knew more about TN title laws than they did (thanks to Tnrobocop :wink:) they didn't know what to do. I did talk to the Clerk's office today again before I called the state and when I started quoting statute numbers they were speachless.
Here is the fact: it depends whose desk it crosses in the state titling office whether you need the SF-97 or not. I have sent in several applications for title using only the GL receipt and have gotten my title back as quickly as if I had gotten an SF-97.

My suggestion, try it. Just smile and ask them nicely to go ahead and send the application in and if it comes back, it will come directly to you and you will deal with it then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks