• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 front on a M35A3?

Jblankster

so i did a bit of reading but nothing was clear. my buddy hates the look of his M35A3 headlights/grill. is it possible to swap the M35A2 front fenders, and headlights/grill on?

thanks.

Josh

i think the cat motor and radiator would be in the way, thats why they moved the lights in the first place(if im not mistaken)

A3superdeuce

I know for a fact that the old style front end will not accept a cat and it's cooling needs.
The dimensions of the front grille area alone are 3inches taller and the side panels are 4 inches wider at the front of the panels. I did a reversal of this with my M35A2. I liked the look of the newer Duece as I spent years driving the older one around but like the older models advantages. multifuel, manual tranny, no CTIS.

Last edited:

mudguppy

'superdeuce, can you post (or send) the larger pic of your avatar? i like what you've done w/ the front of your deuce - i may want to mimic for functionality of fitting a bigger radiator/IC during a repower. got any more leads on parts used to make the front end swap?

A3superdeuce

Travis,
He you go on the pic. I'm taking some new ones of the truck now that it is painted and will post them soon. I got my parts from TedG in MI. He only had 2 sets of the headlight buckets, not sure if he still has other set. I built my grille section from scratch as I used to build movie car replicas too. Originally I was going to do the grille to the same height and width but changed my mind as I would have had to make new side panel extentions and split the hood down the middle. Come spring I may do that anyway as I can't seem to leave any vehicle alone for very long.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks