• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A story with no REAL point, but involves a Deuce

baja_power

Well today a friend and myself were out joy riding in the deuce, and decide to go over to a friends house and hang out. But since he cant drive yet he relies on the bus to get home. So anyway we beat him to his lane. (He lives down a dead end one lane county road) and since i know the bus driver real well, i planned to block off the drive to see what she does. So i get the truck adjusted, set the parking brake and pull on the fuel shut off. *POP* off comes the handle. I instantly freak, thinking i have no way to shut off the truck, and I’m in the middle of a road at a jaunty angle.. The thought to just put the truck into 5th gear and just let out on the clutch enters my mind. It works, but I'm still in need of a new cable :(

Dieselsmoke

If you don't have a heater kit installed it's easy enough just to reach in the side panel and pull the plunger back on the injection pump until you get a new cable.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beware of that stop cable. If your accessory switch has the tail, this cable interferes with it. This cable doesn't have the ratchet teeth either. Got one and don't like it. Handle fell off first day too! Mine is identical in appearance but didn't come from Saturn.

baja_power

I have the exact same one. when i bought my truck the handle was broke off. and roger thew this one in for free. so how did i fix it? vice grips to pull it back out and lock it out. then use a deadblow hammer to beat back on. good as new!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks