• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multifuel head gaskets

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some engines that will need them but they are too **** expensive to replace until absolutely necessary

Hey Tom,
Did mine 2 years ago and may have to do them again. Went against
advise from several people and used stock military gaskets instead of
higher quality aftermarket ones. The money I saved will cost me in the long run.
(Just like everyone told me).
Wondering why you are asking. Thinking of opening up a shop to work on
other guys rigs?? If so, I would be a regular customer based on the quality of
work you do on your own trucks.

Westech

CPL
I replaced mine in 2005 with the updated gaskets and bumped the fuel ski high and never had a problem. I had a old Army friend tell me that if you use the old gaskets spray them with RTV copper and you will be good to roll.

drjconley

I got to do them twice in 2009. The first time I used the old surplus gasket. The second time I used the high dollar version.

Jim

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the reason i ask is that i will be selling the new style on ebay starting tomorrow. $80 for a set of 2 head gaskets only, including shipping. no other gaskets yet. am working on getting a head set togeather later.

just search ebay for 'multifuel head gasket'

tom

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the point? just that the new one piece black gaskets are expensive and i am willing to sell them at a big discount......... they are new production and are the best you can buy.

baxter

Tom I need a set, Blew my gasket a few weeks ago and need to change them. does anyone know what other gaskets do I need to get also thanks for any info.

Vaughn

scooter01922

Great work, i'll be needing a set real quick. Good idea on the head gasket kit, would be a hot item as i'm sure 99% of guys don't need most of the gaskets in the complete kit.

mtnrebel

bax, you will need the whole upper engine gasket kit. it covers turbo, exhaust manifold, water manifold, thermostat, valve cover, and make sure you get one with new copper rings for your injectors. i got mine from memphis, i think, and the whole kit is complete.

baxter

MTNREBEL thanks for the info I thought that i might need the whole kit but wasnt sure. I think I will get these head gaskets that are suposed to be better than the others.

Vaughn

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it is amazing how dry an engine becomes after installing these head gaskets. a lot of oil seeps out from the pushrod side making you think your filters are leaking!! these gaskets have a printed on sealing compound and are installed dry.

tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks