• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Liberty Hill Texas Christmas parade video

Pawnshop

Here is a video a friend of mine made of the Liberty Hill Texas Christmas parade, featuring some SS members! Me (Pawnshop) with my M35A2 and M105A3 trailer (and a buddy driving my M1009), jeep-Jeep with one of his M35A2s, Reloader64 with his M35A2, M813rc with his M813 with M105A3 trailer (and one of his sons driving his daughter's M1009) and Sarge with his MAN (he even has a speaking role), it was fun!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JssfKrQVaqY[/media]

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The whole bit about the crown was something I thought of on the way back from Illinois following the MAN. Previously, my M813 was the biggest truck in our club, and much fuss was made by the common sense folks who own something they can put in their garage, but the MAN was obviously much bigger!

I bought the crown as soon as we got back, not realizing I was going to have to wait THREE YEARS for Sarge to debut the thing!!!

Cheers

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome video. So I know you're going to bring hm down for the Monster Truck show at the AlamoDome so he can do another one, right?

Pawnshop

The music is "the Ride of the Valkyries", by whom, I don't know. Famous old orchestral arrangement. Opera, maybe?

Scott
Wagner, and it was used in the village attack scene in Apocalypse Now, which means that it will forever be associated with the Vietnam war... It was also used in The Blues Brothers (which means it will always be associated with Henry Gibson in my mind)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks on the musical background info. It is amazing how the human mind can use sound (and smells) to trigger certain memories to be refreshed. In an extreme example - The reaction of a Shell Shock victim to the sound of a firecracker or even just a slamming door.

Kinda like the sight, sound and smell of an MV makes most of us go....:driver::jumpin::cookoo::drool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks