• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1 Assault Breacher Vehicle

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Looks like something out of "Transformers".

Ya got to love the M-1......it took first place at the "Tank Nationals" several years running.

Ask the poor dumb bastages that were in the T-72's.
Oh wait...they're all dead.
Ask the folks that were watching from a safe vantage point.

And no, having been in a tank battalion, I would not want to get in front of one if it was moving with a purpose.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's not heavy armor, it's a heavy farm implement! Talk about a dozer with some HP :shock:

dittle

Do you suppose the poor guys inside that thing finally got some AC with the main gun missing??? Wait, its the Gov't buying these so probably not.

Alredneck

Banned
During OIF I we had some of the regular M1s outfitted with the racks or blades in the front but nothing that new, ( as far as I can remember ) These were 3rd ID vehicles supporting us in the 101st. They could plow through some pretty thick walls and keep on goin. Some would shoot the wall ( 3rds still had main guns ) if it was really big. Think about the walls surrounding the palaces. ( like 5-6ft thick ) if the wall was to big the engineers would just go blast a hole in it for us to get through. One would plow through and start shooting while 3-4 more regular M1s would follow through the same hole then start tearing stuff up as well. Pretty crazy stuff, kinda miss it!

art

Looks great! About time!

CEV's based on a M60 Chassis were used to breach in OIF1. The Grizzly was meant to replace it before good old Clinton canceled the project along with a lot of other ones and military R&D.
It's been too many years without a replacement for the CEV.

12F30
62E30

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For some other "what cool stuff you can do with a M1 chassis, research the Grizzly and the Wolverine. 2 prjects that I saw some prototypes of, but I dont think they went anywhere.

Alredneck

Banned
Looks great! About time!

CEV's based on a M60 Chassis were used to breach in OIF1. The Grizzly was meant to replace it before good old Clinton canceled the project along with a lot of other ones and military R&D.
It's been too many years without a replacement for the CEV.

12F30
62E30
No disrespect but I know the differance between the m60 series vehicles versus the M1, what we had in OIF was mounted to regular M1s, I was in the 101st ABN we didnt have tanks, but we did have support from 3rd ID in the beginning then from 4ID towards the end of the ground war. I was also stationed at Fort hood with the 4ID after screwing my knee up jumping from planes ( 1st bat didnt want me no more so world assignment to the dreaded Mech ) in some of the motor pools they had M1s with the plow attachments on them. THere are pictures on the net if you dont believe, when I was fighting didnt have time to take pics so excuse me! THey were M1s

Alredneck

Banned
Here some links to the attachment I was refering to (MCB ).

M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank

A pretty cool video of the new beast in testing it appears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBy0y2jAHpI

Heres a video of some tanks ( some with breeching attachments ) in a convoy in OIF1

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ONPK1r6hY&feature=related[/media]

Please if you werent there, then dont make comments about facts!:roll:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No disrespect but I know the differance between the m60 series vehicles versus the M1, what we had in OIF was mounted to regular M1s
I think he was referring to Desert Storm (although he said OIF1) and then commented on Clinton cutting stuff. They were still using the M60 chasis CEVs then even though the Armor units had M1IPs and M1A1s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks