• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ctmgsa 15kw manual

2deuce

Hello,
Looking for a manual for this generator, but really need the electronic/electrical schematic, because the board is bad. I really need to fix this thing.

Thanks

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, you might have a hard time finding them. LOGSA has them, but they are distribution code "B" restricted...sorry

2deuce

I have tried to contact them to see if the schematic is in the $30 TM9-6115-655-24p or the $100 TM9-6115-655-14 but there is some problem with their site. I was really hoping someone here already had the information and could share it with me. $100 is some serious coin.

Thanks,
Greg

2deuce

I got a reply from bpb surplus and no schematic of the control board is in either manual. Why would the thing be restricted? Any suggestions?

papercu

According to my manuals it is restricted because of copyright issues.
CTMGSA = Commercial Trailer-Mounted Generator Set Assembly
In the two manuals I have, both have this listed in the Table of Contents
Wiring Diagram
Control Schematic
Generator Wiring
Trailer Wiring Diagram
so I think the manual they have (-14) should have them but they are listed as being "fold-out" so could be torn out of their copy.
If you send a mailing address I can send you a copy of what I have.
If you know someone with a military address they might download the one you need. Wayne

Last edited:

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry new to site due to buying some surplus gen sets. Bought 5kwctmgsa Stewart and Stevenson and no realize how few I see on market and that I can't get manual. I see this post is 7 years old but went to logsa and it's still a B. Why would an obsolete gen set TM so hard to get.

Guyfang

Staff member
This is why. Ours is not to question why...........................................

But yeah, stupid.

DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT -
due to limited rights to
Distribution authorized to U.S. Government agencies only
data. This determination was made on 23 October 1989.
Other requests for this document will be referred to Commander, USATROSCOM, ATTN:
AMSTR-STP, 4300 Goodfellow Blvd., St. Louis, MO., 63120-1798.

So send a letter. Probably won't help, but without the effort, you will never know.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll send letter just for principle of whole deal.
Not trying to sound like conspiracy but this being "commercial" unit. Did they infringe on someone's copyright? Is that why the don't want the "commoners" from seeing manual?

Guyfang

Staff member
You hit it square on the head. Its not an "official" piece of government material. That being, designed and burdened with ten thousand things that the Military wants on its sets. The set were bought off the shelf. The manufacturer feels entitled to be compensated for all the work that goes into making Military manuals for the government. They sold few of these sets to the Military, and still had to produce a Military style set of TM's.

I tossed out hundreds of these manuals in my 20+ years in the Army. We would get sent boxes of "5KW" manuals once a year. Inverably, half of them were commercial style gen sets. I personally never saw even one commercial gen set in my career. So out it went, into the circular file.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for this sites wealth of info. Haven't found anywhere else. Does anyone have experience with these S&S gen sets. There is certainly very little chatter on internet that I can find. This forum I attached to and one on smokestack and then one unit for sale. That's is. I know where quite a few of these exact units are so they don't appear to be that rare. Any ideas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks