• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found 2 - Deuce Models

conductorx

I finally found two deuce models at the local Hobby Lobby. They are the 1/48 scale Tamilya Brand. 1942 2 1/2 Ton 6x6 Truck Too Cool. I picked up both of them since they seem to be so scarce.

Now all I need is my 1/1 scale model that will really be awesome.

"G"

mcmullag

Hobbyist Lobbyist

Come on. Let's play nice.

If interested, walk into your local Hobby Lobby and see
what they offer.

We have the CCKW kits here in the Springs, at the local Hobby Lobbys.
Lots of model kits of military ships, planes, a few vehicles, like a halftrack,
and a jeep, but they may
stock more of that stuff here because this is a large military town.

I did not pick one up, I just go outside and look at my full scale model.
Lights work, doors open, real air horns, and smoke comes from stack.

conductorx

How about a link Einstein.
Sorry I did it the old fashioned way. I drove to the store, I parked, I walked in, I found the items I was shopping for, I passed by the models, found the military vehicles, found the deuces, observed there was only two, picked them up with my own hands, walk to the cash register, and paid CASH for them with these green things I had in my wallet.

No new fangled internet thingie was involved.

But I do know how to activate the IGNORE function.

"G"

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
there used to be 1 or 2 1/35 m35s that was made by Tamiya, have not seen them in a while, i would look on EPAY, under 1/35, there's a good chance you will find it there, i have found some rear models there. also i have 3 or 4 1/87 scale deuces, including a 109. On epay, look under ROCO for the 1/87 stuff, also go to Walther's .com, then in the upper left there's search, put in military. there's a lot there
also for 1/87 search, trident, minitanks, herpa (thay bought out roco/minitanks)

bryan70546

Guys AFV make a m35a2 truck kit also the kits number is AF 3504 it can be build in two configurations and also has the photo -etched parts . I can get you guys some pics of my kit if you like.
Bryan

WarrenD

AFV 3504 (M35A2) has been discontinued for quite some time. I have been able to snag a few on EBay from time to time, the cheaper ones have damaged boxes (collectors want perfection, builders want all the parts!)

WarrenD

I had a feeling. A local hobby shop seemed to think they were getting close to a re-issue when I was looking for those kits last fall. Good news anyway, should keep the ebay prices in line.

WarrenD

For those folks not familiar with the AFV M35A2 1/35 kit, it is very highly detailed and I would not consider it suitable for a beginner modeller. I'm about 85% done with my first one (AFV Deuce, that is!) and I've learned a few things about the kit. If you are interested in my comments, read on!

The AFV Club 1/35 M35A2 is a very detailed kit that trys to hold the level of detail that Dragon and other top of the line Military kits have achieved. For the most part, it is successful, but there are some things that can get in the way. Firstly, the instructions. While fair to good overall, they fail in critical areas where you need good, detailed drawings resulting in several opportunities to make mistakes. The selection of decals in the kit is ok if you want to build as shown on the box, but you'll need aftermarket decals for everything else. Photoetched parts are fine, and again, the level of detail is very good.
Having built my first one, here are a few pitfalls to avoid. First, look thru the entire instructions before starting. It helps to understand what is going to happen a few assemblies later. Next, I'd suggest completing the frame rails before installing the rear axles/suspension. Build the frame on a flat surface ( I use an old wood bread board) and let it sit so it dries straight. Building the frame the kit way will almost insure a slight twist to the frame which you probably won't see until much later. Mount the rear axles one at a time, with the frame together you won't be able to get both axles and connecting driveshaft in if glued together. I'd leave the lifting hooks off the frame until you get the axles on, they are delicate and easily damaged. The next area to watch is the transfer case, very easy to install up-side down (ask me how I know!!!). If you are going with the troop seats in the down position, you'll likely need 3-4 hands for the braces. If you figure out a good way to do it, please let me know as I've got 3 more of these to build!!!
Watch the gear shift lever, very delicate. Cab, hood and front fenders are a little hard to get a good fit, again, feel free to deviate from the instructions and dry fit everything first as the locators on the parts aren't always exact.
My first one is coming out ok, but it is an education. I have experience in modelling (been doing it for over 40 years and have done many 1/72 WW1 planes with full wires and add-on detail parts) but have found this a challenging build. With patience and dry fitting, things should work well. Next one will be w/w.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks