• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Better long life head gaskets

Westech

CPL
thicker/newer composite gaskets... they did not come up with a updated gasket because the old ones worked great.... head gasket fail is the cause of most engine fail of the multi fuel. If you have been around the mulit for any time you will know/find this out.

southdave

i have gotton quotes for cooper gasket, I have thought maybe this the way to go. I thought they came up with this because of cost, and the thickness to span the warp or rough condition of the heads. sort of one gasket to fit all condition thing.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35Tom has head gaskets, the newest ones for around $80. That is the best price you will likely find.

tm america

copper gaskets dont do good with weather changes and the block should be o-ringed to run them. you will find that copper gaskets will leak anti freeze at really low temps. the best gaskets a re kmetic.they hold up to turbo and supercharged cars with over 3000hp. they are always custom made you just send them one of your old gaskets and tell theem the thinkness you need and they make them to your spec. they are even reusable. they are the same gaskets they run on the top fuel funny cars-dragsters.

southdave

sorry can't or won't spell worth a crap. started researching gasket asked a buddy if he could cut one on his water table he though out copper or Al. at the time of the visit he was cutting some for cummins he suggest some thickness. I have compsite on mine now and they leak a little. found out it was exceptible.
gasket cost + 4 hour to set up Min. and the material cost haven't spoke with him since nov. figuerd I would like to get 3 set so also some karma cash was involed so??

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
With 150 Foot pounds and copper gaskets I don't think there going to fail.. just need some sort of fire ring. Its not the rings that fail its the rest of the sealing area. If you could use stock fire rings and copper I think you would have a winner.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
head gasket fail is the cause of most engine fail of the multi fuel. If you have been around the mulit for any time you will know/find this out.
This is why it is imperative to stick the oil and look at the coolant on EVERY cold start.

Water in the oil or oil in the water is an indication of a blown head gasket, and the truck might have run fine when it was parked and there is no way to know without looking at both.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks