• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

photos of my truck

baxter

I have been working on the truck the last few weeks (blown head gasket). I have really learned alot about my truck. I got this cargo cover and had to snap a few pics. I will be recieving come 395's in the next few weeks I cant wait to get them mounted and get a few pics of the new rubber.

Vaughn

Attachments

goldneagle

I have been working on the truck the last few weeks (blown head gasket). I have really learned alot about my truck. I got this cargo cover and had to snap a few pics. I will be recieving come 395's in the next few weeks I cant wait to get them mounted and get a few pics of the new rubber.

Vaughn
Truck is nice but I LOVE the garage/shop! :drool: I wish I had 1/2 the building to work on my vehicles!

baxter

It is a great place to work on a truck. We manufacture silencers, the shop is 34000 Ft and has air drops all over very handy. One thing I found out was you can use a snap on 7/8 carbon monoxide socket on the drivers side head bolts to torque them down and not remove the oil cooler( I didnt have a head bolt wrench).

Vaughn

Keith_J

It is a great place to work on a truck. We manufacture silencers, the shop is 34000 Ft and has air drops all over very handy. One thing I found out was you can use a snap on 7/8 carbon monoxide socket on the drivers side head bolts to torque them down and not remove the oil cooler( I didnt have a head bolt wrench).

Vaughn

Pure candy.

And I took that as a 7/8" O2 sensor socket...yes, that will work fine.

3d63

I like the truck and the shop:-D I am looking for a cover and bows could you tell me where you got it and how much you paid for it

zout

at least you could have done was throw a little snow on the fender to make appear you had a little excitement getting in inside that awesome looking shop.

Scarecrow1

Nice Deuce I hope you have it back on the road soon ... Although I am a bit concerned about you tight working space and feel that you should find a more spaceouse area for a proper repair....:twisted:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Vaughn
Baxter,

could you share a few tips for the head gasket job, seeing it is fresh on your mind? You already mentioned the 7/8 O2 sensor socket...anything about procedure, how you did it, what worked and what gave you grief?

baxter

First thing I did was to disconnect the battery then removed the air filter assembly so that I can sit their and work on it. drain the coolant on the passenger side toward the back of the motor thier is a drain I used a piece of garden hose to get it into a bucket. Then you can remove the intake and exhaust manifolds thier will still be some coolant in it but not alot.Then the injectors came out followed by valve covers and the valve train then unbolt the heads. I had the heads ground they took off .004. Use the o2 on the 6 bolts on the drivers side I did grind the socket a litle to make it fit better. To check the valve lash removing the ALT I think is easier than the radiator bought a cheep 1 5/8 shallow socket and milled 3/8 off of it and used a socket wrench with a thin flex head a fit it onto the crank to move the valves. I just reinstalled in reverse order. I hope this helps if anyone has any questions I will try and help.

Vaughn

Big CASE

Looks good Baxter,
? did you get any pictures of the motor as you worked on it ?
I too would like too have the shop like that :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks