• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stolen CUCV in CA.

Prerunner1982

Ok it's not mine, however if you have been a reader of Peterson's 4 wheel and off road for awhile you might remember Operation Army Truck. Well this truck was stolen, here is a copy of the info off their website...

"On Thursday and Friday January 7th and 8th my project Army truck was stolen from a parking lot in Sun Valley, California. It was likely towed away as it is not currently in running condition.

It is a 1986 Chevy one ton truck, diesel engine, manual transmission, on 37-inch BF Goodrich mud terrain KM2 Tires. California license number 7A69881

If you know anything or have any information about this or if someone has tried to sell you some parts from this truck in the southern California area please contact me at Fred.williams@4wheeloffroad.com or call and leave a message at 310-531-9064.

Thank you
Fred Williams"

Operation Army Truck Stolen | 4x4 Truck Projects Blog & Opinions at 4Wheel & Off Road Magazine

Attachments

Scarecrow1

I am so sorry this is a shame to say the least .... I hope you can recover it soon , I also hope it falls on the the sob when he's under it ... Sorry I guess the anger management classes I'm forced to take don't always help ..... You may also keep an eye out for new adds on E-bay with the seller in or around your area ..A friend in the FBI said many of the crooks are using the internet as a place to sell these items with amost never a chance of being caught.. I do hope it some how works out for you .

moleary

I vote for impounded too... A non-running camo painted truck in a public parking lot is not a likely target for thieves is it? Unless of course you are an off-roading thief...

Blood_of_Tyrants

I am so sorry this is a shame to say the least .... I hope you can recover it soon , I also hope it falls on the the sob when he's under it ... Sorry I guess the anger management classes I'm forced to take don't always help ..... You may also keep an eye out for new adds on E-bay with the seller in or around your area ..A friend in the FBI said many of the crooks are using the internet as a place to sell these items with almost never a chance of being caught.. I do hope it some how works out for you .
A few years ago a kid had his Acura stolen. They recovered but the vehicle had been stripped. Since he loved the car, he bought it from the insurance company and started looking on ebay for parts. While looking he found the front clip from HIS CAR. It was in a junkyard a few miles away. It seems that there are a LOT of junkyards around here owned by Muslims and their ethics are a bit loose.

bjl8691

good luck with that its either been chopped or vin number and id numbers swaped

i remember when i lived in milwaukee area for awhile people were stealing older gm cars changing the lock cylanders and switching the vin numbers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks