• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old girl gets some new kicks (395 XZL's)

roady

That looks great. Are they the factory Deuce wheels or something different? Did you have to do anything special to put them tires on? Sorry for the newbie questions.

baxter

Upstate great job I am trying to do the same thing but am getting my but kicked trying to get the lock ring back on them did you use soap or anything else to help in the install please help im getting desperate. thanks

Vaughn

UpstateNYer

Upstate great job I am trying to do the same thing but am getting my but kicked trying to get the lock ring back on them did you use soap or anything else to help in the install please help im getting desperate. thanks

Vaughn
I had an old tire guy do it for me. We made a platform 21.5" in diameter out of plywood with 2X6's for legs. This made the tire colapse some under its own weight. Then he lubed the ring up good with tire lube, he said dish detergent works well also.

UpstateNYer

By the way how does it do in the snow with the new tires. Been thinking of doing the same thing?
I didn't get into much snow yet other than parking areas, however other than if you have to change one on the side of the road (hernia waiting to happen), I think these are better in everyway than the ndt tires. Oh yeah they look cool too.

UpstateNYer

We had put the wheels on a bucket to get it off the ground but no lube, so I will try that this week thanks for the input.
Also he walked it around, kicking with his right foot while standing on the finished section with his left foot. He was a small guy too, 5' maybe 125# and only used his weight and kicking to get it on.

FDNY129

I didn't realize how close Kublos was to me. I called Ken Jr today. We spoke for 15 minutes about his stock. What a NICE guy. He said not to make the trip just yet because the tires he had weren't the best and he had more coming soon. Thats definitely the kind of person you want to do business with. Honest upfront! I need to make a trip there soon and see what hes got in the lot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks