• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another meeting at the Gun Club (M109 related)

Katahdin

Tonight was the local fish & game club's potluck supper and I sat down at a table with a disabled vet who's on our membership committee. The Chief Range Safety officer called over from the other table and asked how "the truck was" and I replied I was replacing the rusty brake lines .... that turned the discussion to my new '66 Kaiser Jeep M109A3.

The vet at my table seemed kind of surprised and asked me if it glowed in the dark. I wasn't quite sure what he meant, I asked him if he meant the radioactive gauges....thinking about the recent GL hold hoopla.

:shock: Nope, he wasn't referring to gauges! This guy proceeded to explain he transported nuclear warheads around Germany in M109 Shop Vans! :shock:

"You bought a Deuce and a Half?" The retired Coastie next to me asked (Club VP and NRA recruiter). "We picked a couple of those ex Air Force trucks at Tooele because we didn't have anything. Figured we'd pick up three of them to make one good one. On the way back the **** brakes on mine went out going down a hill!"

I'm glad I'm replacing the brake lines and I'm glad my 109 doesn't glow in the dark! (that I can tell anyway!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks