• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

880 Noob question

dmarvin1

Hello, I'm about to purchase a 1977 Dodge Ram power wagon M880. Or so the seller claims. I've looked at the threads and have tried to do as much research as possible on these. Is there any way to verify that it is a true 880? Or was this the only one built in the 1977 so it would have to be? Sorry for the easy/lame question but just trying to figure out for sure what I am about to buy. Thanks in advance and I look forward to posting up pictures soon!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Data plate is next to that white sticker on the lower steel portion of the dash.
That interior shot does indicate that it is a M880 series truck.
Which one should be stamped on the Data plate.

m880 series trucks were 76 & 77 models year Dodge powerwagons. Dodge had not yet come up with the Ram name.

Last edited:

N1265

looks like one to me, here are a few pictures that will give you some clues:

Data plate next to the warranty sticker, If plate is missing the holes should still be there.

All M880 came from Dodge with rust proofing, There should be body plugs in the cab from this process.

All M880 came with a rear bumper to support a pintal hitch, althogh it may have been changed out by the fire Dept chances are it wasn't.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks like one to me, here are a few pictures that will give you some clues:

Data plate next to the warranty sticker, If plate is missing the holes should still be there.

All M880 came from Dodge with rust proofing, There should be body plugs in the cab from this process.

All M880 came with a rear bumper to support a pintal hitch, althogh it may have been changed out by the fire Dept chances are it wasn't.
Now that is just funny. Can anyone tell me what company or brand was used? Need to avoid that one like the plague.

dmarvin1

Thank you all for your help, I will be checking it out tomorrow and as long as all goes well - will be bringing it home. Look forward to having some fun in it!