• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think I screwed up on a hydraulic head removal

Tom_Statt

I took the hydraulic Head off my IP today to replace the o-rings, but I forgot about getting the tooth to line up before removing the head, now the hydraulic head won't go back in, now what? I'm working out in the cold and the snow, and was maybe rushing it too much, and it slipped my mind. anyone have any advice to help out? The engine or the HH haven't been turned since I parked it, and as soon as it wouldn't go back in, I gave up for the day, pretty much leaving it the way it was except for putting tools and hardware away.

Tom_Statt

by the way, I'm talking about the scored tooth, not the loose one that comes out with the shut-off assembly. this is also my first time ever replacing o-rings on a HH.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I have had to use a prybar to rotate the driveshaft between the trans(in 5th gear) and the transfercase(in N) in order to get it lined back up (seems easier to get the HH out than back in) I would definatley draft a second set of eyes to watch for the red tooth.

Tom_Statt

Floridianson: Is there any good time to call? I can't make calls before 3:30 on weekdays, weekends I'm pretty free. I didn't work on the truck today, but will probobly make it over to where the truck is today. And yes, I forgot to line up the timing marks before removing the head, thats my whole problem with it now, because now it won't go back in, and I'm afraid if I do get it to go back in, it won't be in time anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks