• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What year intake/exhaust to use?

06streetrod

I'm piecing together a turbo kit for my m1008, and i'm just wondering if anybody knows if there is a difference in the year the part is from. I've found an intake and exhaust manifolds, but the ads say they are from the late 90's. My 1008 is a 84, and i don't want to spend the money on something i think is going to work, i'd rather know (or atleast have someone else to blame).

I was also under the impression that most of the parts are interchangable between the 6.2 and the 6.5. Is that the case with the intake and exhaust?

Thanks for the help!

Mudstone

someone on this forum has a bunch of brand new intake manifolds... i can't remember who it was but he was very nice and its a great shiny new intake.

ralbelt

Gimpyrobb has the brandy new intakes. I Put it on my 1986 m1008 6.2. There is one threaded ear on the right rear tube that will have to be cut off to clear the vac pump, real easy, then it bolts right on. You will only use one metal tube for the CDR, the right side, there is no fitting on the left , or you could install one.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks