• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Half Track?

waayfast

Depends---if it "ran when parked" it's probly worth several gadillion bucks at least? Kidding aside it looks mostly complete but would take a LOT to make something out of it.As stated above --weigh it and start with scrap price on the hoof. Hopefully someone will get it --NOT the torch!

mutt_kahuna

halftrack

I f you go to Gary hebdings site www.halftracks.com you can get a pretty good idea on the RETAlL price for a similar track.....one in the same shape was about $5500...hopefully your junk guy hasnt looked at his site....I'd think if you can get it for a little more then what was mentioned for scrap value you'd be doing good.....ED

xm708

1/2 track

Nice find I would think $1000 is reasonable. The used track alone would probably sell for that anyways. In response to the last pic of the flat bed. What is the big red beast behind the trailer with the twin stacks it looks like an m548 ????

ed

combat32

I think 500 is about all I would go on it,I know where there is one in similar condition down here in the river valley, price is 3,500:cookoo: He will have it for a long, long time at that price.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guages are worth $300 Post it over on the G503.com in the tracked section. I thinks its easily worth $1000 maybe more. I would like to have it for spares.

AZDeuce

That's at least a $1000-$1500 halftrack as it has the rear bed and the winch has not been cut off. What is even cooler, the bed appears to be the original WWII M3 bed, these are usually missing. If this was close to me I'd be looking at it pretty seriously. I did a frame up restoration on a M3A1 halftrack back in 88-92, they are cool vehicles.

Now with the availability of repro armor, I wouldn't pass this up, just due to the fact that whats left looks fairly straight and original, I've seen guys start building on a lot less of a complete vehicle than this one.

68t

ask him what he want for it first, but if he don,t know , offer 1000 for it. the parts are worth that. if you not interested send me a pm. i am not that far from you. i go to the petit jean mountion m.v. show. does the low bed trailer have a ww2 army data plate, i need one for my ww2 semi. i got 4 halftracks, i got a m38ai jeep to trade or a ww2 jeep to trade. i like to trade too thanks

M215

There is nothing cheap or inexpensive about halftracks, my M2 project has been bleeding me dry for 3-4 years now! $3,500 would be a good deal on whats pictured. Winch and bumper are worth $1500 alone, if the rear bed floor is there that is a big $ item. Check the frame over the jack-shaft / rear drive axle for cracks or weld repairs.
Thanks for posting the pics
Karl

83GMCK2500

I've been lurking on here and G503, learning what I can about MVs. Scrap price for a HT is a steal, any way you cut it. If that is original rear armor, ohhhh boy is that a find. If it isn't melted down or blown to smithereens, it's restorable. I am quoting someone else's signature there, but it is true.

paulfarber

Go to halftracks.com and see what is priced out there for little more than a chassis. The question is how bad do YOU want it?

Thats a major resto you're looking at... $10k easy (half of that would probably just be engine work) add on to that new tracks, new armor..... is the frame bens? How are the bogeys? Are any gauges left/rebuild-able?

Looking to part it out? Does it have any valuable parts that are not available elsewhere?

Unless you find a $20K+ reason to buy it, you will just be putting it out in a field for the next junk man to haul away. The % of completed restorations on large MV's is incredibly low.

M215

Halftrack $

Paulfarber is correct; don't start a project if the funds / time are not available to complete it. I could not justify or had the money to purchase a complete or restored halftrack at $25K+
Our project M2 started as an $1800 worn out cab and chassis that ultimate

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks