• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/48 Scale Model U.S.S. Saratoga

OSO

Thanks David for posting Mr. Hyde's work . That thing like your rebuilds are Fanstastic. I wish him all the best in his final days . The world is going to be losing another skilled craftsman. His project is a treat to see . Please let him know, Thanks again. Oso [thumbzup][thumbzup]

oddshot

This thread is a little old, does anybody have any updates?
I hate it when awesome things/threads just stop
Me too!

I did a little searching and found this message on this website: http://www.saratogamuseum.org/guestbook/guestbook07.html

[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,geneva,arial][SIZE=-1]Been helping build a steel model of CV-60 for 5 years. Trying to obtain photos/negatives of all aircraft flown off CV-60. Need to make DECALS for Tails etc. Would like to meet anyone with a CRUISE BOOK for any year. Already have made/or bought more than 20 different models: AH-1 to F-18, but very few have decals. Using 1:48 SCALE the CV-60 STEEL MODEL is 25 FEET LONG. Will submit a picture as soon as I can. Richard E. Morse marrem@clearwire.net Jacksonville, FL USA - Thursday, October 25, 2007 at 6:29 AM. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

I agree ... it would be interesting to know where this model is now ... and in what kind of shape.