• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire stuck

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thin wire retaianing on inside of hub try pushing in on hublock it won't move much take a small screw driver between the lockout and hub scrape around inside hub you should feel the wire it will spin in the hub it rides in a slot you have to keep it from spinning and pry one end out and work it out they can be stubborn some times you also need to the snap ring off end of axel if you can't get pm your phone # might be easier to explain that way
gary

Crash_AF

I took a picture of where I'm stuck at. I can't figure out what needs to come off next.
The snap ring that holds the whole lockout guts needs to be removed next. The yellow circles are the ends of that ring. What you need to do is take a small screwdriver or dental pick and lift it up out of the groove in the outer hub. Then pull it out of the hub. The hub body then needs to be removed. I screw one of the allen screws back into the body for grip and it should just slide out.

Later,
Joe

Attachments

Nick Danger

Heat is ok as I described ,propane rosebud on ,inner hub of wheel between wheel studs.
,, Not a welding torch ! Warm wheel expands enough to be knocked loose , not glowing just warmed up!
to hot and hub will expand also .

rickyman355

Thank you prokysplace for giving me a call and explaining how to get it out. I got the drivers side all taken apart and put back together. But the passenger side is stuck on. I got the snap ring out and the inside gear should slide out now, but it's stuck in there.

I screw one of the allen screws back into the body for grip and it should just slide out.
What I did was take all 6 screws and screw the cap on backwards, that way I have something to pull on. The thing doesn't move at all. It's in there really well. I feel like I will strip out the screws if I pull any harder. Is there some kind of puller I can get to take it out? My only other idea is to heat the outside of the hub.

Crash_AF

There are only two snap rings that hold the hub in. The one on the axleshaft and the one in the hub.

Once those are out, the hub body should slide out with minimal effort.

Later,
Joe

jimm1009

If both snap rings are removed then it is probably the aluminum housing against the steel I.D. of the hub but there is some end play in the axle shaft too.
To prove that it is not the splines on the axle shaft take a rubber hammer or regular hammer and a block of wood and gentry drive the axle shaft inward and observe what happens. There is only about 1/8 or so so it won't go much but this may help break it loose. Can't hurt at this point as long as you don't try to kill it.
I'm not sure if I read where you tried a heat gun yet but if not that sometimes help draw in the penetrating fluids too.
Also you can use the rubber hammer to hit the aluminum portion of the hub too. Try it within reason too. It should
move laterally as well but of course you don't want to break it (actualy you may want too :evil: at this point). Trying getting things to move back and forth slowly at first.

jimm1009

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks