• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifting a Bobbed Deuce

Man, you should have went with the rotty story, people would think the truck is that much more massive. From that distance, who can tell?
Oh, and tell your dog I do not mean to insult his intelligence. I have rottys and I know they are not nearly as smart as poodles. Now there would be an interesting mix -a poodle and rottweiler. I guess you would call it a rottle or a pooweiler?

Ridgerunner

That has to be the sweetest looking bob I have seen![thumbzup] very nice work! will keep my eyes open at silver lake to get a up close look!:shock:
I'll be up there in the sand with it this summer. It won't be on the 53" XZL's though. I have a set of 48x31 V-treads with 28" wide wheels for the dunes (lots of flotation) If you see it there, flag me down.:beer:

rnd-motorsports

I'll be up there in the sand with it this summer. It won't be on the 53" XZL's though. I have a set of 48x31 V-treads with 28" wide wheels for the dunes (lots of flotation) If you see it there, flag me down.:beer:
I will I will be in my 66 in the background of first pic in silver lake trim . get up there alot look forward to see it !

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must commend your fabrication skills here I have to agree with Chaplain it looks beautiful and also agree I think your number of tool boxes is darned impressive. I am looking very forward to seeing the pics as it progresses and after completion, you certainaly have a very nice start to the project!
KK

jsaulter

Your fab work is great, I like how you made it ridged. Are you going to the mounds thanksgiving? I also hope mine turns out as nice as yours. Have you ever tried 95 5 for your gas?

OutsideFamily

Please do post when you will be at silver lake... I plan to make a couple trips out there this coming summer. It would be awesome to see your deuce out there. :beer:

jsaulter

I meant 95/5 Gas for your welder, argon/co2. I thought since you new the specific grade of hot role you were using, you might have been a fabricator or prototype guy. Just wanted to know if you had a specific reason for using strait co2 that's all.

Ridgerunner

I meant 95/5 Gas for your welder, argon/co2. I thought since you new the specific grade of hot role you were using, you might have been a fabricator or prototype guy. Just wanted to know if you had a specific reason for using strait co2 that's all.
Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't quite sure what you were getting at with the 95/5 mixture. With the Muli fuel in the Deuce, guys here tend to run about every concoction through their trucks, so I assumed it had something to do with that.

I've never used 95/5 for mig welding steel. When I bought my welder it came with a bottle of 75/25. After running a few bottles of the c25 through it, I switched to straight, 100% carbon dioxide for the inert gas. In my shop here at home, the only metal that I weld with my mig welder is A36 steel, and the 100% co2 welds just fine for me. As to why I switched... co2 is very inexpensive, compaired to an Argon mix.

jsaulter

Ya I've herd a lot of welders tell me that the 95/5 is much better. Personally I don't see a difference except that it costs that much more. Thanks for your input.

mbrownfield

very nice truck

I would like to tell you that i love your truck very nice. Very nice fab work. I'm looking to get my first deuce In the spring i saving up the money now. theres not may forsale here in ohio so i will have to look around a bit. when i do get mine I hope you dont mind if i pick your brain a bit cause im going to bob and lift it the fab work will not be a prob for me i have been doing it for 12 years and i run a fab shop now. I just dont know much about these truck and i am trying to learn as much as i can before i pick one up. whats a good price to pay for one

rustyg

Hi Ridgerunner,

I would be interested in getting a price from you for a set of the 8'' just like you made for your truck, I wouldnt
mind a price on the steering components as well. I really like what you have done there, looks awesome!
I'm on the lookout for my first deuce and I'm considering a full length, single rear axle, with lift on 53's

Thanks!

Russ Goedhart

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks