• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 speed mystery SOLVED.

wehring

I have been racking my calculator and brain to figure out HOW my M925 runs 60 mph at 1850 RPM.

When I calculated 1850 RPM / 49" dia / 6.44 ratio I got 40.87 mph. The GPS says this is not true.

I got to digging...

The axle ratio is 6.14 so that is an easy fix but the numbers still do not add up.

THE TRANSFER CASE HIGH RANGE IS A .732:1 RATIO!!!!!! NOT 1:1!!!!!!!!!!

Now the calculations are right on with the GPS reading. Calculation is 58.57 when the GPS reads 60 mph.

This t-case (air shift) will be an excellent conversion to a bobbed deuce for extra road speed.

The list of things I need to do when I get home is turning into a scroll...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

This is the 250 which covers all of the M939 series trucks. I may be wrong about the 6.14 ratio as it may be 6.44. The calculation deltas are narrow.

The ESP truck's t-case is not divorced and I it is a 1:1 ratio. I could not figure out why the two trucks ran close to the same speed/rpm when the ESP truck has a double o/d in the 7 spd allison and the 925 has a 1:1 final in the MT654CR.

In short. All M939 series trucks have the o/d t-case.

With this said, the M931A2 I bought from you is off the market. That drive-line is definitely going in a bobber. It combined with the new 4.90:1 axle gears will give me.... ready for this...

65 MPH at 1703 RPM!

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks