• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sale cancelled

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No, they are lazy and will try to screw you any way possible. Make SURE you speak to someone of authority at GL and be sure to find out WHO cancelled the sale. If it was not GL, I would want proof. If it was GL, I would find a lawyer and send them "a letter of intent". That might get them to re-think their ways.

Preacherboy

someone on this forum just told me it will take GL 60 just to refund my money, is that an accurate statement? They've had my money since Jan!

I know they can do these deals faster, when I called them yesterday they knew everything about me from just caller ID! I asked if she needed my username or anything, she says, No, I have it all on the computer screen!

Flyingvan911

Don't forget your state's attorney general and the attorney general for the state where the auction took place. Sounds like a scam when the cancel because the government is slow and then charge you. And they re-sell the property on top of it.

AceHigh

someone on this forum just told me it will take GL 60 just to refund my money, is that an accurate statement? They've had my money since Jan!

I know they can do these deals faster, when I called them yesterday they knew everything about me from just caller ID! I asked if she needed my username or anything, she says, No, I have it all on the computer screen!
I have had refunds from GL within 48 hours. That is one thing they actually get right. :(

67_C-30

WOW! This is a disturbing thought! I am waiting on my first EUC to be approved. My question is this though: If the EUC doesn't go through in time, and the sale is cancelled, will you be refunded the full amount?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm at 45 business days since end of auction with no paid-in-full as of yet. This is far from my first EUC. My first one didn't take this long. I'm betting mine will get cancelled also. I guessing either someone at GL posted it as "sent to BC" and didn't send it or they sent it to BC and BC lost it.

You would think GL could contact BC to atleast see if they are working on it and haven't lost it or didn't receive it. You would think it would be it their best interest to get the sale approved so they wouldn't have to relist the item but they don't care. I did contact GL and I got the customer service I expected, nothing. They have a customer service department that would rival any goverment agency.

I honestly don't see how it could be legal for them to take your money and then make you wait 60 days to take possession of your property. You have to get your EUC cleared before you get a "paid-in-full" invoice. News flash- the invoice is paid-in-full, I've got a CC statement to prove it. They need to atleast go back to not taking your money until the EUC is cleared.

Preacherboy

You'd think taking your money and then refunding you would be lots of work too. It "seems" like it would be easier to just have one person at GL who is constantly checking with BC to push them into getting these EUC's done.

I was given some advice to purchase something small for my first EUC, I thought that trailers fit the bill. Last night I won a lot of bayonets out of OH, hopefully that is small enough because I do not want to loose my truck.

Another thing I want to mention is how GL determined to cancel my sale as far as the number of days goes, they said it had been over 70 days. It was exactly 70 business days from the close of the auction to the day they canceled the sale! Problem is that it took them 14 days to send the EUC to BC in the first place, so none of the days were "my fault". but like you said, they just must not care, just a stinky, stinky way to run a business.

tsstout

You had to fill out an EUC for bayonets?? WOW!! Talk about making things complicated.... I've had to fill out FDA paperwork for medical type stuff... but bayonets??? geez....

Preacherboy

Yes, I just filled out an EUC for a lot of 5 bayonets. they were expensive too! I hope that the EUC will clear quickly and then they will look at my truck and clear it quickly!

jimm1009

If you are getting close to 60 days send them an e-mail with Attn: Management in the subject line.
Tell them that you want the "sale to stand as is" and do not want it to be cancelled. This will buy you some time but I'n not sure how much.
A co-worker of mine is going on 65 days since the EUC was received by BC and no one from GL seems to be able to contact BC to see if it was actually received or possibley fell off the desk and into the trash.
We are all human and occasionally make mistakes but there SHOULD be a way for GL management to contact BC Management to see if there is a legitimate glitch or something else like "oh we accidently shredded that one".
I understand contractual obligations between GL and Uncle but there must also be a checks & balance system as well.
This is where GL seems to drop the ball and not be able to provide an answer to the question when asked. If they can take your money and hold it then they should be leagally obligated to answer this question too.
Perhaps a GL Rep monitoring this forum can help or has further insight.
I'm corn-fused too.

jimm1009

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are all human and occasionally make mistakes but there SHOULD be a way for GL management to contact BC Management to see if there is a legitimate glitch or something else like "oh we accidently shredded that one".
I understand contractual obligations between GL and Uncle but there must also be a checks & balance system as well.
This is where GL seems to drop the ball and not be able to provide an answer to the question when asked. If they can take your money and hold it then they should be leagally obligated to answer this question too.
Perhaps a GL Rep monitoring this forum can help or has further insight.
I'm corn-fused too.

jimm1009
:ditto:

There was a GL rep on here awhile back but she couldn't take the heat and left. To be fair it wasn't her fault. GL assigned her to answer questions on SS but she had no authority to solve problems. People had problems and asked her to help them and her response was always "you need to contact management". People (including me) thought one of her jobs in being here was to help with problems but all she would do is give you the same response that all the other people do that work in their AZ office and we all know how helpful GL management it.

ultim8gamr

If you are getting close to 60 days send them an e-mail with Attn: Management in the subject line.
Tell them that you want the "sale to stand as is" and do not want it to be cancelled. This will buy you some time but I'n not sure how much.

jimm1009
Jimm1009 have you had a positive experience doing this. I will keep it in mind as my 60 days draws nearer. Who exactly do you send the email to, what address?

TIA
John

jimm1009

As per the live chat attendee at GL we sent the e-mail to the regular e-mail address (info@govliquidation.com) but put in the subject box; Attn. Management as they instructed us to do.
This was done on Thursday of last week and I can't say that as of today we have actually had success other than them acknowledging that they received the request.
No other communication received from G.L. as of this reply to the thread.
Fingers are still crossed but we are starting to turn a little blue too.
As a side note. This problem is with my co-worker being a first time buyer for item with EUC.
I have been approved for 6 EUC required auctions and the last 5 were in 4 to 5 business days each.
SF-97's still seem to take about 3 to 4 weeks on the average.
I will post a change if we see one for my co-worker.
Regards,
jimm1009

PS: M16TY, She (R) was indeed very nice but sadly as you described was a Yes-Man of sorts and did not actually have any STROKE to help. She seemed to be an actual MV enthusiast too.
She should have been placed in a real position to answer and actually render help to the customers. Sad, Sad, thing to see her go.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]"Keep in mind that the bid closing date for this sale was[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]May 06, 2010[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]at 5 PM EST. The EUC deadline is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]May 17, 2010[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. If a DRMS-acceptable EUC form has not been received by then, your account may be placed on hold until a 25% default fee . [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Thank you in advance!!"

I got this response today, after accidentally sending them a copy of my old drivers license that doesn't have a matching address. The thing is THEY ALREADY HAVE MY MONEY! And its Bull Shiite that they wait till FRIDAY to tell me it needs revisions and then tell me if it isnt fixed by monday they are going to cancel and charge me 25%!

[/FONT]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks