• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

P.T.O Removal on M35

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm adding a Milemarker 24V 18.5 winch. I use my winch very hard on a regular basis so I wanted a smaller "dimensionally" winch with a larger pulling capacity.
Please show us some pictures of this. I regularly use the stock Garwood with a 3 part line for 40,000 lb pulls of belly down stuck Cat D7s etc. Hard to believe a Chinese made Mile Marker would out pull that.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is your PTO located on the side of the transmission or on the back of the transfer case?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could have a rare Chelsea PTO that fits the deuce trans. They made them but are no longer available.

hammerdown

That is def the pto I have thanks very much for the pic, that def identifies
it's the right one. It also has a oil feed from the bottom of the
transfercase upto the pto.
So now we got this far.... Is this straight forward to change????
Is it a case of just remove fit blanking plate and blank the oil feed???

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removal is pretty easy. Remove oil line, replace fitting on bottom of transfer case with plug. Remove PTO via the nuts and then remove studs. Once it's off, there is a dog clutch gear fit the shaft in the transfer case. It is either held in place with a set screw covered by safety wire or a bolt into the output shaft. That will complete removal. You will have to obtain a cover plate for the hole. Any deuce transfer case cover will work.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is a dog clutch gear fit the shaft in the transfer case. It is either held in place with a set screw covered by safety wire or a bolt into the output shaft.
Just be sure you remove this part. It won't hurt anything to leave in in there but if you're going to try and sell the PTO the buyer will need it. A t-case PTO is pretty much worthless without this part.

hammerdown

So by what your saying is it optional to leave or take out the imput shaft once I have removed the front part of the pto??
I'm really not bothered about the dame thing just want it out and to stop it leaking .
So leaving the imput shaft in could be an option..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will have to remove that gear, the cover won't fit with it there. The gear also makes your PTO worth alot more money. I've attached a few pics to help you get an idea of what we are talking about.

Attachments

hammerdown

Top man now im really cooking on gas.:beer::beer::beer::beer:
Thanks very much your help is so greatly appriechated....You Guys really no your trucks...
:-D:-D:-D:-D

FLYWHEEL

I was just wondering if you can't find a cover plate in the U.K. could you not trace a template of the part required and get a local engineering company to knock you one up and make your own gasket out of gasket paper,
just a thought it may workout cheaper than importing one from abroad

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flywheel, that would work. You need to step it out a bit to clear the shaft but its just a blockoff plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks