• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug size

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone please measure the size of the
glow plug threads on a 6.2l CUCV engine?
I need to see if this compression adapter hose has the right size end threads to screw into a glow plug hole.
Thanks a bunch,
Bruce

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M10 x 1.00 Thread

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Warthog,
I figured since I have this fancy door stop (STE/ICE-R)
that I would see if I could get it to work on the 6.2.
I have a complete unit and a spare parts VTM. I am not sure what the compression hose adapter fits. I suspect
a typical spark plug thread. At least it may work for the M211, but I haven't tested that yet. It would be nice to be able to get a fitting to convert it to the 6.2l but I suspect I'm dreaming.
Bruce

davo727

I made an adapter for my compr gauge with a brass 1/8 in pipe thread nipple- it screws right into the glow plug hole. It must be close enough and since its brass its not going to hurt the head.

davo727

I had seen people comment about the harbor freight set not having the correct adapter for our trucks and people paying a bunch for a snap on adapter but all you need to adapt the $25 harbor freight diesel compr test guage is a 4 inch long brass 1/8 in pipe thread nipple which will screw into the glowplug hole, the soft brass will not mar the threads in the head. Then a brass 1/8 in pipe thread female to female union which the short quick connect fitting included in the set will screw into. You can get the 2 fittings at home depot.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks