• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bridge plate numbers??

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem. [thumbzup]

Here is a picture of one of my 1009's. I know Marine trucks don't have bridge plates, but I like them and wanted one on one of my vehicles, so it's on there!

Semper Fi, brother.

Attachments

Last edited:

emr

oops typo you got me. HA

and the C means Combined weight OR Convoy number. Like I stated above it is what your truck master sets up.
I do not see how a convoy number be associated with the C it is not it is a Combined weight that vehicle only, if u are correct a convoy of 20 hemmitts would have yellow plates all around them and down the sides, it never meant convoy anywhere but maybe one guys idea, how would the MP at the bridge determine the weight of the vehicle and at a glance like he is supposed to, thats why they are there,and the only reason , a CONVOY FOLLOWS sign does that, not a little red C ..and the a CONVOY AHEAD sign at the end. says its the end,...... and what would a convoy number mean anyway, it is in no tm anywhere i have ever seens, is it the amount of trucks, useless on crossing a bridge, and it is a bridge plate,,, just sayin.... for the last 15 years working with this truck co. in Dover, that would get a laugh.

Mohawk Dave

For a 1009, you should actually show 3 without the trailer, 4 with. :lol:

Cheers
Ok, one question. My M1009 came with the "C" on top and "31" on the numbers. And one could tell by sunfading that they had been that way for a long long time.

I read this whole thread, but from what I understand it should have been "03" or "04".

Ideas? It was a SeaBee from Port Hueneme, CA if that helps.

-Thanks in advance.

-Dave

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
C means Combined. Truck and trailer

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks