• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer Case PTO

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Morning gang. I've got the PTO on the back of the old M756A2 transfer case. The truck was very rusty and subsequently some items on the PTO are rusted as well. The output shaft turns easily but the shift rod doesn't move. Liberal use of penetrating oil and some heat should rectify this. The gear was removed so it has a tapered output shaft with a keyway. I have the oil tube and fittings but the oil tube itself shows scaling rust. I also have the data plate for the cab and the shift rod that goes across the floor behind the seat. The only piece I don't have it the link between the shift rod and the PTO, it fell apart upon removal. Should be easy to fabricate. I'll have this removed and pics posted by days end. These PTOs are usually a big ticket item but this one is available for $250. If no interest in a day or two, I'll put it on Ebay.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Firstly, apologies for no pics as of yet. I was just relieved of my childcare duties and went out back to fetch the transfer case. Off tangent for a second, I remember when not too long ago, moving a transfer case across the yard was a major ordeal involving 4 wheelers, trailers and engine cranes that don't roll in the sand. Anyway, went out back and fetched the transfer case with the PTO and took it out front. I've found that the shift rail that I thought was stuck, is not. The flat piece of linkage was rusted and once unbolted, the shift rail moved easily into and out of gear. Heck, I thought the high/low transfer case shift rail was stuck and it wasn't. Anyway, I don't see any real problems with this PTO other than an hour to make that piece of linkage between the shifter and the linkage on the PTO. Engagement was smooth.
Chuck is right, this is the one that is rear facing and mounts to the transfer case. It's either engaged or it's not. It can be reversed by using reverse in the tranny or you can select and of the 5 fwd gears to give your PTO powered device 5 speeds. Just so one knows, the water and fuel trucks use one as does the pipeline and polesetter. Should also mention the deuce wreckers use them too. Perfect for running a rear PTO winch or hydraulic pump.

jwaller

I am looking to convert my deuce W/W to a dump as well. so I think I'm going to need a dual drive PTO. please correct me if I'm wrong.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could use either actually. This PTO would be completely seperate from the winch PTO

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics, As I had mentioned earlier, that oil line will need to be replaced, its rusted out. The old line will be included. The only other thing needed will be a link from the shifter assy to the arm shown on the PTO. The original was a shaft with ball studs. Could easily be made with 2 small heim joints.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what you get guys. At the top is the shifter that goes in the cab. There are knockouts for the mounting of this. Below that is the oil line that goes from the PTO to the sump of the transfer. This line is there so that you can fab a new one, its rusty. You have the PTO and engagegment gear, 4 bolts, 2 studs and the data plate. One link is all thats needed besides a yoke.
Thanks!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks