• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv wheel o-ring and lube question

mark69k20

Yes i searched...
I have one 37" radial hmmwv wheel that was leaking from between the rim "halfs"
It is the newer 3850lb wheel that takes the red o-ring part#12460338, 91610, RCSK17877, X91610 NSN 5331-01-417-1043

I Can't find one of these for less than $20. I looked them up on Fed-log @ work... the gov't is paying like $7.... i should be able to buy them delivered to the house for less than what uncle sam is willing to pay...

There were no spec's that i could find so if anyone has a good supplier or alternate part number i will appreciate it.

The other thing is what kind of wheel lube is used to keep the o-ring in place?

Mine looked like they used wheel grease that the TM told them not to use[thumbzup]

Thanks
Mark

Andy1234

I can't help w/ a source, but for lubrication on the 20" HEMTT Wheels that use a similar o-ring, I use liquid dish soap. I'd think that it would work in your case, as well.

Andy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks