• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 Vin locations...

Jonas

Hi,

about 6months ago i bought what i though was a normal k5 blazer, but it turned out to be a m1009 with the interior swapped with a 1982 k10 blazer, the vin plate was also swapped.

The doors have been remade removing the vin plates and adding some of the "silverado" stuff on em.

So, Im really interested of the history of my truck, I guess it came up to sweden from Germany and was thereafter rebuilt.

Except for the VIN plate in the dash, and the information plates on the doors, where can i find information about the vehicle?

BR

JAsher45

other then those locations you are not going to find much. these were civilain trucks converted for military use to make a long story. you may be able to locate on the frame rails somewhere where the Vin has been stamped into the frame. thats about all i have for ideas

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The locations I know about are:

1. Data plate on drivers side b pillar inside the door.
2. Label on the drivers side door that often falls off.
3. A common vin data plate on the drivers side dash.
4. Label in glove box door that often falls off.
5. I have heard but never found stamped numbers on the frame but no idea where at on the frame.
6. Supposedly original engines could be matched up but no idea exactly where to turn to other than Chevy for that.

HAWKMAN

I think the numbers that are stamped on the frame are just part numbers and not a VIN...all the '09's I've stripped
down I've never seen a VIN on the frame. My2cents

tankie88

I have the same prob.No VIN plate on the dash,no sticker in the glove box but the door pillar plate is off a M1008.Although i have a M1009.I've looked everywhere on the frame with a mirror and a powerful flashlight and found nothing.

tdfontaine

It took some patience but I was be able to find the frame VIN. Not saying you didn't look hard, just saying it took me some time.

I found a post on another forum from a guy who worked on the assembley line at GM and said the VIN for these year vehicles was on the top of the frame, pass side next to the pass front seat. It took some patience but I was able to find it by scraping off old dirt, dust and some surface rust with a small wire brush. Then I was able to see the VIN with a mirror and flashlight.

Keep in mind it's not the full VIN, just has the last 8 or 9 digits that identify check digit the serial number of the vehicle. My frame wasn't too rusty so you might have more trouble than me if yours is rusty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks