• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813A1 Fan Belts

cbvet

Got a full set of belts from Memphis. Other belts are okay, but the fan belts are just too darn short. I finally got them on, but they're way too tight even without any slack adjustment. I'm afraid I'll destroy the fan bearings. The adjustment bolt is all the way out.
They sent Dayco # 22395.
Can anybody tell me what commonly available belt will fit?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have this info saved, not sure if it's correct.

Car Quest TR22425 Napa 2522425 Waterpump (1) belt
Car Quest 13A11p5 Napa 259470 Powersteering (2) belts
Car Quest TR22401 Napa 2522401 Main Drive (2) belts
Car Quest 11A0915 Napa 257360 Generator (2) belts

Napa 3401 Fuel Filter(main)

I think I have NAPA belts on my M819. Tomorrow I can try to confirm the belt numbers.

cbvet

I found the interchange list for the Dayco fan belts as supplied by Memphis. The Car Quest & NAPA numbers you show should be correct.
But I've never seen belts that are so tight. Seems like too much tension would be tough on the fan bearings. Have you had any problems with fan bearings?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not.

Are you sure your adjustment is backed off completely?

You do understand how the waterpump moves, right?

cbvet

Yes, fan bracket assembly adjustment appears to be all the way out. Or at least as far as it will go.

Water pump belt is fine, once I read the manual & figured out how to adjust it!

Can you estimate the deflection on your fan belts?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not from memory, but I'll get a good look at it tomorrow and report back. I'll try to do it early am.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I didn't post yesterday.

Anyway, I went out and looked at mine this am. I have NAPA 25-10500/24414 belts on the fan.

My belts are not overly tight and are only at about 1/3 of the usable adjustment. (plenty of room to loosen or tighten my belts).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, Since the numbers on my belts don't match the ones I posted above, I called my local NAPA and they said the 25-10500 number is not availible anymore.

That might explain why the other number belts are tighter.

cbvet

Thanks DH.
The belts I got from Memphis (Dayco #22395) are 39.5" effective length. Your NAPA 24414 is 41.5".
Two inches is a BIG difference!
I'll call Memphis tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks