• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1944 4 Ton Diamond T Wrecker

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
Here are a few photos of my other WWII MV: 1944 4 Ton Diamond T Wrecker. The photos were taken at misc. truck shows and MV shows over the past several years. It is a fun truck to drive[thumbzup] although it is a bit slow and consumes lots of gas!!! (3.1 mpg) It has the original 529 cu. in. Hercules RXC engine. The double front bumbers were on the truck when I bought it several years ago. That was a MWO sometime in late 44 or early 45. They had a problem with the Diamond T pushing up against the front bumper of a CCKW and the CCKW tow hooks would get stuck under the Diamond T bumper. I got the unit markings from a local WWII Veteran I met at a local meet. He drove 4 ton Diamond T wreckers during WWII and was in the 479th Amphib. Trk. Co. He had a couple photos of his old truck. After I painted his old unit markings on my truck I drove it over to his house and took him for a ride. You should have seen the smile that old guys face! He was very surprised to see a Diamond T wrecker pull up in front of his house!
Enjoy,
Steve:driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know where one of those is and I really want to bring it home, but I don't have enough time for the trucks I currently own! Sweet ride.

68t

Thanks steve, for the greats pictures. I like the ww2 M.V. the best. These vehicles help change all our life,s , Also the world. Thanks to the ww2 veterans. I still would like to owne your ww2 low bed trailer, so i can haul my half tracks. :-D

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Jay Leno shows off his 1946 IH fuel truck
and it has the same kinda crank for the AC.
[thumbzup]
roflYou "young whippersnappers" are giving your age away! When I was your age, all cars/trucks had either a crank to open the windshield or a lever to open a cowl vent. (Dual windshield wipers, radios, heaters, automatic transmissions, were extra-cost options. Air conditioning was unheard of, and many cars still had mechanical brakes. I can also remember driving cars/trucks without electric starters and with brakes on the rear wheels only. Shocking that such vehicles were allowed on the roads, ain't it? ;) )