• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

''New'' owner of a 1976 Dodge U.S. Army Dodge Ambulance

James_Van_Thach

Steelsoldiers,

I am a ''New'' owner of a 1976 Dodge U.S. Army Ambulance that I purchased on August 4, 2010.

Respectfully,

James Van Thach, J.D.
Captain, Infantry
United States Army, Retired
Honorary Staff Brigadier General, Iraqi Army: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/4/prweb855714.htm

Attachments

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Captain,
Glad you signed up on here. a great group of collectors here.
Did your M886 arrive at your AO yet?

as Lane (citizensoldier)said the 1976 model seams to be more rare as compared to the 1977.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Congrats on a great score, Sir! I may be a 4-star General on here, but Uncle Sam only sends me an E-6's retirement check! About your truck...it's a primo machine, for sure. Do you know where I might come up with one like it (for 2 months' pay or less)?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's about as clean an M880 variant as I've ever seen. Most of them I've come across have been wore out and rusted through, they just got used up after surplussed out because as civvy pickups and vans they were used heavily by woodchucks, laborers, etc., and by the time they were done with them, they were steel Swiss cheese.

Good save!

James_Van_Thach

Hey Captain,
Glad you signed up on here. a great group of collectors here.
Did your M886 arrive at your AO yet?

as Lane (citizensoldier)said the 1976 model seams to be more rare as compared to the 1977.
Bob H,

Yes, my M886 Ambulance arrived in sector at 1000 on August 21, 2010.

I took some photos of her coming off the trailer and will post them later when I get home.

Respectfully,

James Van Thach

James_Van_Thach

Congrats on a great score, Sir! I may be a 4-star General on here, but Uncle Sam only sends me an E-6's retirement check! About your truck...it's a primo machine, for sure. Do you know where I might come up with one like it (for 2 months' pay or less)?
Lifer,

I bought my M886 Ambulance from Military Trucks.com, for $3,300 dollars.

They told me they have another one but I am not sure if it is to the same condition as the one that I own, here is there website.

Link: http://militarytrucks.com/

Also, I looked on SteelSoldiers classifieds and there is a 1977 M886 for sale for $1,700 or Best Offer.

Link: 1977 Dodge M886 for sale - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Respectfully,

James Van Thach

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
James,

Congrats on your purchase. I hope it meets all of your needs and keeps the wife happy at the same time.

MC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks