• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Norway

pete359

Hi all!
My name is Kenneth, and I live in Norway.

Just bought myself an 58year old M135 w/winch, that I am hoping to get roadlegal for some fun later on.
(Pictures in my album)
Not much to look at at the moment, but are going to give it a new paintjob asap.

Found this site in my search for some info about my 1952 GMC M135.
Hope to find what I am seartching for here. If not, this must be the place to ask questions ;-)

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site Kenneth,
That is a fine M135 you have there.
Also you English is 1 billion times better than my Norse.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers. You will find a wealth of information and support here. You can also find a lot of information by using the search function on posts. You live in a nice country - I've had the pleasure of spending a lot of time in Norway in the past.

pete359

Question:
How can you tell if the truck got silicone-brakefluid or regular brakefluid?
My buddy needs to add fluid to his truck.

I know I should not mix silicone-brakefluid with regular brakefluid.

armytruck63

One way to tell whether or not you have silicone brake fluid is to purposely drip some on a painted piece of metal. If the brake fluid effects the paint and causes it to bubble or wrinkle, you have regular non-silicone DOT 3 brake fluid. If there is no effect on the paint, you probably have DOT 5 silicone brake fluid.

Non silicone DOT 3 brake fluid also has a much stronger smell.

Welcome to the site and you have a nice truck!

Last edited:

Varyag

Water test:

Take a sample an put it in some water.

Shake it up like mad and let it set. If it combines into solution then it is dot 3 if it separates then it is dot 5.

Dot 5 will not mix with water, dot 3 will absorb it.

Welcome to the site and hobby! Son married a girl with Norwegian roots and my daughter married a guy with Norwegian roots. we lost a daughter with Finnish roots to a Norwegian but gained a daughter who is back in the "Finnish camp when my son married her!! Guess we came out even. The site is great and the members are awsome! Enjoy!!