• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Lighgt hookup for M818 Tractor

1943ht

Going to recover my M818 and 20 ton trailer next Friday (3 SEP 2010) .. Gent I bought it from states that the lights on the 818 work great .. but the trailer lights (12 volt of course) have never been hooked up to the tractor .. I want to get my baby home .. 3-4 hour drive to my HOR .. but not thrilled with running the trailer without lights .. Not wishing to re-invent the wheel, was wondering if others have run into this situation too .. and of course I am interested in any suggestions or workarounds regards the current lights ..

I plan on mounting 24 volt tail lights in the trailer when I get the opportunity .. of course I will need a 12 pin connector plug to connect to the tractor ...Would like to purchase if someone has and I welcome any others suggestions from the SME's on SS.

//R//
Mark

kurtkds

I had built my own set of clamp on lights using some 9 conductor direct burial wire and a couple extra lights I had laying around and an extra plug for a M105.

Originally I used a couple magnets bolted to the lights.

Attachments

jasonjc

The best and easyist way will be to make a set of temp lights. Like above, I think you can get some premade ones for 12volt and chang the plug and bulbs. I've done this in the past.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks