• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'52 M211 near Somerset PA

StoneMill

Found a '52 GMC M211 near Somerset Pa. That's about 3 hours from me and I don't have means of transporting it home to Hershey or know if I want to get into an older gas powered deuce. Now that my m35 is done I'm really liking the multifuel. Don't know much about the earlier models. Looks like this has a Jose mount on the front. Painted white or gray. Difficult to tell in the picture. Looks to be in excellent condition.
The ad reads
1952 GMC M211
Former Civil Defense 6x6
In storage since 1995
Have detailed maintenance log
26K, ran when stored
Good tires, Rust Free!
PA Title, $995
Anyone else interested or can transport, let me know.

StoneMill

iPhone for
"Hose mount":roll:

What do I need to flat tow with the deuce? Guess I need to look into this further.
I'm afraid of getting a money pit with parts being hard to find versus a deuce that has plentiful parts and is so simple to work on. Guess I'll learn the 211 like I did te deuce.

M215

Price sounds good if the truck is solid! See if you can barrow a military medium tow bar, should be an easy trip home behind your M35. Just take your time on those PA hills. Parts are not that hard to find for the M211 series. Only issue is a possible transmission rebuild if needed. I have two of these (M215 & M221) and have enjoyed them more than any of the multifuels that I've owned. I think the biggest issue I have had was finding the large O-ring that seals the bottom of the oil bath air cleaner. Ended up making some out of a length of rubber gasket material.
Good luck, Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks