• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Brakes on M923 Locking up

fultonfire

Fulton Volunteer Fire Dept has M923 that we have coverted into a brush truck. I have posted before about airbrakes locking up and have not been able to get them fixed. My first question is, does anyone on here live in the Corpus Christi area? Second does anyone have anymore suggestions on what could be causing the brakes to lock down completly when air is applied to system whether the park brake is on or not? We are desparate and need help the truck has been out of service for a month now. Thanks for your help!!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check to make sure the glad hand dummy coupling on the front passenger side has a vent. Otherwise, the air brakes on the 900 series should be able to be repaired at any heavy duty truck shop. The system is not military-special.

wehring

wedge type...

They are wedge type brakes. If the wedge is sticky/rusted/gummy from a lack of service then it will apply but not release. Just a possibility.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks