• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for old style mirrors

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure in the 2nd picture the mount was modified. Off the top of my head I think there were 5 types and the one in the first picture would be the 2nd style.

txdodge43man

WOW there where five types of mirror arms. Well I know of the Single arm like the M135 and CCKW and M44, the dual arm like I'm looking for, the ones I have the "elephant ears" and the west coasts which style am I missing? The dual arm style is the ones I see on ever picture of deuces in Vietnam and that is what I'm going for. (Bulldog_maK13) Thanks for your input I have tried the classifieds before and got no responses or it would be a month later before I got any hits. I understand that this should be in the classifieds and if a moderator wants to move it he can and I am sorry for putting it in the wrong thread but it was faster this way.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The style you are missing is the elephant ear with the supporting brace under it.[thumbzup]

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill those are the elephant ear types. The later ones had a supporting brace that ran about 45 degrees out to the underrside of the mirror head. There could also be the really wide ones from a 5 ton bridge truck installed, so I guess there's 6 possibilities.

Crazyguyla

Learn something new everyday.. my deuce has the mounts for the two arm setup, but no brackets or mirrors. got the west coast setup waiting to go on.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Charles,
Saturn has the heads. As far as finding the arms try boyce equipment. They sometimes get the old forrestry service trucks and might be able to salvage the arms for you. If you find some, Can i have dibbs on your elephant ears???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks