• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

installing a garwood 20,000 lb on deuce

thegreenman76

I'm new to the deuce. I just purchased deuce from 100dollarman, and he's is in the process of bobbing mine. It will be a daily driver. I'm out here in vegas and I plan to do a lot of wheeling. A good rule of thumb is to have a winch rated double the curb weight. I will be the biggest one wheeling so I will be on my own with recovery.

So now to my question, is it possible to install a 20,000lb garwood winch? What mods whould need to be made?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a Deuce with a 10K Garwood winch that winch has been able to get me out of whatever I have been foolish enough to get myself into I also have a snatch block assembly and have never had to use it, BUT JUST IN CASE RIGHT!!!!

Karl

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1) too heavy
2) drive is on the wrong side (but can be changed)
3) not really needed (the 10k winch is more than enough)

With all that being said, there are people that have done it. The 2x rating you've heard has to do with electric winches. Have you accually looked at a 20k winch? The stock 10k is a pretty big setup but the 20K is a monster.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks