• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oldies selling oldies

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This you really have to see. Two brothers, well in their seventies and early eighties, being quiet happy and friendly mayor players on the ex-military vehicle market.

One of the brothers works under the name Commerce BV in the north of the netherlands, and does the Dutch and German surplus stuff.

The other one lives "below the big rivers" as the Dutch would say (that is, in the southern provinces of the Netherlands). He does the US stuff, mainly REO's. Click on the left location chart, it will show you an areal picture. The right and top part of the areal pictures show the sheds where cars are stripped and scrapped or repaired, and the offices. The white square in the centre of the picture are the main workshops.

All these lines on the lower left quarter are

TRUCKS TRUCKS TRAILERS AND SOME MORE TRUCKS

:not worthy::beer::mrgreen::jumpin:rofl

Rough estimate I counted some 150 to 200 dueces and 1/2 and 5-tonners, and some tracked wreckers, probably to handle tanks. The big one missing was the tractor, did see only one ready and one completely stripped frame.

nopics

Sorry, had only my phone with me, you'll have to wait till I am back in the Czech Republic and can download them.

They also sell new stuff. A 5-ton door lock mechanism for 30 Eur, a door window for 35 Eur. Anybody need something extreemly rare, chances are these guys have it in stock. Shipping to US might be actually cheaper than getting it from within the USA, with shorter waiting times.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailer is a 12 ton M270.
Meaning it can carry 12 ton (12,000 kg) or total is 12 ton? I need to tow a semi-trailer loaded with a small digging machine (shovel) weighing around 12 tons. Using a tractor configuration (M54), would the M270 be a good match for that or too light?

What is the best configuration for this?

In the M51 dump truck configuration, what would be a good trailer to tow that shovel?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Meaning it can carry 12 ton (12,000 kg) or total is 12 ton? I need to tow a semi-trailer loaded with a small digging machine (shovel) weighing around 12 tons. Using a tractor configuration (M54), would the M270 be a good match for that or too light?

What is the best configuration for this?

In the M51 dump truck configuration, what would be a good trailer to tow that shovel?
The trailer will carry 12 tons off road. It's deck is dock height from the ground, making loading a huge pain. For the dump, here in the states we have what is called a "tag a long" trailer, they are pintle towed 2 or 3 axle dovetail trailers intended for equipment. The US military only bought this type trailer very recently, so there are only a handful out as surplus. This is one of very few options for towing equipment with the dump truck.

JeepMan

I'd (and I know we'd) enjoy many more pics of this place and even some todays pics of Van Dams yards.
Maybe we need a forum JUST for pics. (No conversation etc.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks