• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mystery wire

pinwormfood

i tried to find these wire in the -20 book and couldn't find them.
1. right under the dash, driver side, near the elec panel, there is a 12ish guage white wire bundled with a black wire. the black wire goes to a little ground bus under the dash driver side. my white wire is cut and i have no idea where it was supposed to go. i didn;'t get any voltage on the wire while working all the switches..so i have no idea.

Crash_AF

Is it just white or is it white with another color tracer on it?
The White/Black wire is the seat belt buzzer wire
The White/Tan wire is the parking brake light wire

Later,
Joe

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's a factory wire, it may be the white wire coming from the 4WD indicator switch.
This is the only all white wire that I can find on the F-4 cab ignition circuit schematic.

To test it with an ohm meter. Connect one of the leads to ground and the other to the white wire.
Shift the transfer case to 4WD and see if the white wire shows a short to ground.
The white wire from the transfer case gives a ground to the instrument cluster light.
If your 4WD light is functional, you can touch the white wire to ground and see if it lights up.

Otherwise you will have to physically trace the wire and see where it ends.
Karl

pinwormfood

If it's a factory wire, it may be the white wire coming from the 4WD indicator switch.
This is the only all white wire that I can find on the F-4 cab ignition circuit schematic.

To test it with an ohm meter. Connect one of the leads to ground and the other to the white wire.
Shift the transfer case to 4WD and see if the white wire shows a short to ground.
The white wire from the transfer case gives a ground to the instrument cluster light.
If your 4WD light is functional, you can touch the white wire to ground and see if it lights up.

Otherwise you will have to physically trace the wire and see where it ends.
Karl

i bet that is the wire it is. my 4x4 light was not coming on, and was not getting voltage on that white wire when operating any of the other stuff...did not test the 4wd switch. i'll have to hook that up, and test the wire when in 4wd. thanks man...much appreciated.

so with my multimeter, can i put one lead on the wire and one to ground, shift into 4wd and if I am set to continuity, i should here a beep...right?

pinwormfood

Is it just white or is it white with another color tracer on it?
The White/Black wire is the seat belt buzzer wire
The White/Tan wire is the parking brake light wire

Later,
Joe
there are two wires bundled together. one is plain white...no tracer, the other is black and is attached to a little ground bus that is mounted under the dash, on the rounded part of the wheel well.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you should have continuity to ground if that is the white wire coming from the 4WD indicator switch. You will need to select 4WD to close the switch to ground.
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks