• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

List of trailers / specifications ?

noDave

Does anyone have a list or know where I can see a list of specifications on these military trailers ? I have seen a number of different trailers mentioned - M100, M101A1 A2, M105, and numerous other numbering systems.

I am looking for a trailer to use camping and light off roading (like the ones from adventure trailers but I don't have 5 grand to drop on a trailer). I'd rather not buy one of those cheap looking trailers you get at hardware stores with 8 inch wheels. My dilemma is that the trailer will be towed with a Nissan Frontier, so it can't be too heavy, and if brakes are necessary I need to be able to attach them to civilian wiring, so hydraulic and air brakes are out.

I also understand that these trailers use 24v wiring and will need to be modified if I want to hook them up to my truck.

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm looking for or advice ? ( No rush, i wont need a trailer for a few months when it's warm out again )

2011 Nissan Frontier
Engine VQ40DE – 4.0-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine
261 hp @ 5,600 rpm
281 lb-ft of torque @ 4,000 rpm

Max Towing Capacity - 6100 lbs
7-pin connector trailer wire harness

Thanks in advance,
Dave

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd look for a M416 or Canadian M101 refered to as the CDN M101 for short.. The M100 is a predecessor to the M416, and would work well also. They are all 1/4 ton trailers, and were built for towing behind Jeeps/other small prime movers. The Canadian M101 is what the US M416 trailer would of became if the US kept the design and did the M416A1 version of it. Beefer bed, more handles, etc. There are several threads on the Canadian M101 on here, I as well as other members here own one. Thats one trailer that I actually use for runs to Lowes, the dump, ect.

Last edited:

blybrook

You could easily tow a M101A2 or A3 with your rig. It has a surge brake on the trailer, so you're brakes are taken care of. I changed out the bulbs to 12v and replaced the military connector with a 7 pin & it works great. Could put LED's into the housing instead of bulbs as others have done to keep it at a dual voltage setup.

As for the technical information, the Technical Manuals (TM's) are available at the old forum, you get there through the resources link at the top of the page.

Search the trailer forums here, you'll find a ton of information.

HTH

L999here

...concur

Agree that MV trailer would be a good choice. However,wireing is never the problem...just change the bulbs. Also...small bolt patterns on the civilian trailers can be overcome with 13-14" wheels and tires. Most tire/wheel places can help you with this. For specs...just google the trailer...there are many descriptions,pic's,etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks