Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: How to post pictures - a tutorial

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuce Doctor. Steel Soldiers Vendor clinto's Avatar
    MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,587 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMustang370 View Post
    Why are photobucket thumbnails not allowed on this site like they are on every other forum? They work everytime on other site's threads.
    Because we got tired of people deleting their pics, renaming the folders, moving the pics, etc., then we wouldn't have anything.

Then the poster is no longer a member, so you don't even have a way to contact them and ask them to fix the pictures.

Here's a perfect example: http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87930

I work for a guy who is constantly asking me to research how to do stuff and I can not tell you how many forums have excellent writeups but the posters let their hosted images go and the entire thread becomes worthless. I'd say 80% of the forums I look at are worthless because anything older than 6 months is missing pictures.

By forcing users to put their pictures here, we have better control and much lower probability of this happening.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Click here for the Deuce Doctor-MV Servicing and Sales

Click here for the Official 2018 Georgia Rally info thread!

Having a problem searching or finding something on the site? Click here for help!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    MVPA #21731
    1968 Baifield M274A5 Mule
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 w/w w/dump conversion
    1987 AM General USAF M35A2C w/w
    1987 Turtle Mountain M105A2

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clinto For This Useful Post:

73m819 (03-05-2013), Another Ahab (10-28-2013), frank8003 (10-05-2017)

Thanks

Oooo, I'm gonna get sooo smart, I won't be able to stand it. Thanks Clinto, I'm going to have my daughter in law help me decipher it all tonight after she gets home from work, BTW I have XP too. When this computer runs its course the next one will run Windows 8 You may not see much of me till I learn how to turn that one on.

General
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clinto View Post
    Because we got tired of people deleting their pics, renaming the folders, moving the pics, etc., then we wouldn't have anything.

Then the poster is no longer a member, so you don't even have a way to contact them and ask them to fix the pictures.

Here's a perfect example: http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87930

I work for a guy who is constantly asking me to research how to do stuff and I can not tell you how many forums have excellent writeups but the posters let their hosted images go and the entire thread becomes worthless. I'd say 80% of the forums I look at are worthless because anything older than 6 months is missing pictures.

By forcing users to put their pictures here, we have better control and much lower probability of this happening.
    Unfortunately when I upload photos with this site, even though the photo is correctly oriented on my computer, it shows up in the post sideways or upside-down.
    All-Right Hauling & Transport available for East Coast Transportation of your HMMWV, CUCV, trailers and equipment. Let us know what we can do to help you.

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuce Doctor. Steel Soldiers Vendor clinto's Avatar
    MVPA
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMustang370 View Post
    Unfortunately when I upload photos with this site, even though the photo is correctly oriented on my computer, it shows up in the post sideways or upside-down.
    I noticed that-I can't figure out why. I am going to go edit one of your posts and see if I can figure out why.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having a problem searching or finding something on the site? Click here for help!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    MVPA #21731

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clinto For This Useful Post:

TurboMustang370 (03-05-2013)

MVPA
    Thanks

Let's see.....

01-13-2013 - 001.jpg

MVPA #21731

Thanks
    Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,755 Posts

Another option is to attach thumbnails. This adds the picture to the bottom of the post.

I don't know why your pictures are sideways. This may help.

Click on the first one and follow along
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Warthog; 03-05-2013 at 11:56.
    "We are all born ignorant.....but one must work hard to remain stupid" - Benjamin Franklin

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warthog For This Useful Post:

Another Ahab (10-28-2013), crasheej (03-06-2013)

Corporal
    Thanks

Is anyone having problems posting picts? I'm doing the attachments like I have in the past, but everytime I upload the pictures, I'm getting an exclamation point after it and it's not letting me attach. My picts from before are still sitting there to view, but no new ones are coming in. I even resized them down, but that didn't work either. I did both bulk and basic upload.

I tried the URL link too, and that didn't work either?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Is anyone having problems posting picts? I'm doing the attachments like I have in the past, but everytime I upload the pictures, I'm getting an exclamation point after it and it's not letting me attach.
    same problem here. . .
    FCC(SW) USN Ret.

"When you're a winner you're always happy, but if you're happy as a loser you'll always be a loser."

Mark "The Bird" Fidrych,
    August 14, 1954 April 13, 2009

MVPA
    Thanks

MVPA #21731

Corporal
    Thanks

ok.....let me try again.

Nope, can pull one that is already in my album, but can't load a new one from my laptop. Still looks like it's loading, then onces it appears its done, I get the red exclamation after the file name.

With the URL I get a file error popup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bownut; 10-29-2013 at 22:10.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast