• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v Delco alternator price check

Smokinyoda

For those that have converted to the Delco 24 volt 1 wire alternators what were the best prices you found?

So far the 2 best deals I have found are:
100% NEW Delco 21si 24 Volt 70 Amp Alternator $123/shipped

NEW Alternator 10SI Delco 1 Wire Hookup 70 AMP 24 Volt $122/shipped

The 10si includes pulley and fan, the 21si just includes fan. I plan to use original duece pulley after boring out to size.

And yes I realize I will have fabricate a mount, because while these are close they are not an exact "Drop In" replacement.

What would be the better of the 2, or do you know of an even better deal?

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Second link doesn't work for me. I got a 100amp one that looks like the one in the first link, for ALOT more. I'd go with that one.

Smokinyoda

Sorry 2nd link is a current eBay auction. Didnt want to break any more rules by posting it.

I guess it just boils down to which is better/reliable, the 10si or the 21si.

Hammer

I didn't know the 10SI went up to 70 amps.
Gimp has it though, simply basing it on weight is actually a real simple way to go about it.
Btw, I think the 21SI is a more stout unit.

Hammer

Nice reasoning!

The 21SI has a rear mounting tab, and a more robust case.
I found the ebay add for the 70 amp 10SI.
I personally would go with the 21SI.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks