• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battle Damaged/Destroyed LAV III

CharlesKing

So I went from a scratch built LAV III to a destroyed and rusty LAV III. I had seen many tanks being modelled as damaged or completely destroyed and was curious to see how a LAV III would look, since I have not seen any modelled before. So here are some pics of a scratch built LAV III that I built and now, I have turned it into a Completely destroyed and rotten down vehicle. You can see what it looked like before and after.

Attachments

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the crew make it out?

Great work! I have to ask, how did that tire make it up there? Those tires are f'ing heavy.

All the burned out Strykers I've seen had lost their antennas. Melted I guess. I don't know about LAVIII's but I know Stykers have composite appliqué armor that tends to come apart when the vehicle is completely lost to fire, makes a real mess and looks ragged. I have one of the ceramic tiles that fell off a hulk on my desk, I use it as a coaster. Don't take my comments as criticism, merely observations. Your skills are vastly superior to mine. Again, great work!

CharlesKing

Did the crew make it out?

Great work! I have to ask, how did that tire make it up there? Those tires are f'ing heavy.

All the burned out Strykers I've seen had lost their antennas. Melted I guess. I don't know about LAVIII's but I know Stykers have composite appliqué armor that tends to come apart when the vehicle is completely lost to fire, makes a real mess and looks ragged. I have one of the ceramic tiles that fell off a hulk on my desk, I use it as a coaster. Don't take my comments as criticism, merely observations. Your skills are vastly superior to mine. Again, great work!
Thanks and your comments are all valid. Since these pics were taken I have removed the antenna, water bottle and the rear tires. I left them there just for pure aesthetics reason. ;) I wanted to show off the tires but did not know how to make it look valid next to the wreckage :) I understand those tires are heavy but let's assume they were put up there by a hydraulic lift. ;)

B3.3T

Stunning work. You might try photographing them in real sunlight, and at a low angle to get real blue sky. I think you will be pleased with the results.

Blood_of_Tyrants

One tiny bit of constructive criticism; when large flat sheets of steel are heated in a fire, they warp. Next time you do a fire damaged vehicle, always distort large flat metal surfaces.