• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 trailer picked up from Hooks

cjd747

I picked up my M1101 trailer Monday (12-27-10) from Hooks TX. To my surprise it is only 2 years old with a MFR date of 06 Oct 2008. Perfect condition. The papers said it came out of Kuwait in Jan of 2010 and went to fort hood, then DRMO at Hooks in TX in July of 2010. I have bought a lot of trailers over the years but this is the icing on the cake!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This makes me feel great as a taxpayer that they keep awarding contracts to make more M1101's wheil they are letting some out of the system.................

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Change...

Government pays thousands, and sells it for pocket change.

KsM715

This makes me feel great as a taxpayer that they keep awarding contracts to make more M1101's wheil they are letting some out of the system.................
:ditto: I'm happy you got a nice trailer, but I'm pissed that there are units out there still waiting to get issued these trailers and out Gov. thinks that one is "surplus"

Nonotagain

:ditto: I'm happy you got a nice trailer, but I'm pissed that there are units out there still waiting to get issued these trailers and out Gov. thinks that one is "surplus"
Government could be dumping the M1101 trailer not realizing that they are the exact same trailer as the M1102 just with a higher load rating dependant on the tow vehicle.

Second thing is that the M1101 could still need the three MWO's applied.

I haven't seen that the MWO's apply to the M1102 trailers.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do y'all get the feeling these trailer contracts are a form of corporate welfare? There had to have beeen 20 M105 type trailers made for every truck that could pull one . . .

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the M1101/2 trailers that needed the 3 MWO's were from the 1997 buy that Silver eagle produced. This trailer is 2 years old, and had all the MWO's at time of manufacture with the "new" parts. So I dont buy that.

As for Uncle not realizing it's a M1101 vs a 1102, I dont buy that either. They both have the same LINe number.

Someone screwed up and it just cost the taxpayers several thousand dollars.. Aquistion cost on the trailer is over $8K per copy.

cjd747

This will really tick you off the bill of laden to ship from hood to hooks was on the trailer and the price was just over a thousand. Now there was 3 of these trailers that all sold at the same sale. Not sure if they all came together. All three were in great shape.

Nonotagain

Im happy that you got the trailer as a fellow MV hobbist.... I really am..

But as a taxpayer, we all got screwed.
Too many examples of government waste to get your bowels in an uproar.

My M105a3 trailers came out of Massachusetts and were trucked to Ft Meade. Uncle Sugar paid $1400 to have them trucked. I paid just under $1K for two brand new trailers, tarps, racks and bows with all new radial tires. The tires alone were worth more than I paid for the trailers.

The local NG unit is still using old HMWVV's with 8 bolt wheels and bias belted tires and has a few M35A2 trucks that still haven't been replaced.

I’ve purchased M101a3 trailers with 12 bolt wheels and like new radial tires which could have easily been swapped out for the old rolling stock.

I’d love to get the scrap contract for the company that I work for as I’d quit my day job and be a rich man.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im not in an uproar.. I know the deal.. I spent 5 years working for Uncle Sam, and heck, I even ordered some stupid things to be done just to make life easier for myself and my soldiers that I bet cost Uncle Sam lots of $$$$$$..

Ever deal with S&P's full of palletized MRE's at NTC? The TISA wont take them back once issued, and we needed to get trucks into the regen yard... I'll stop there...

M813A1

Well nobody ever said that Uncle Sam uses common sense !! I see t all of the time the waste here at the AirBase people ordering new poarts and then the parts get tossed in the scrap bin and never used or were torn up because of someone being STUPID !!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I know the frustration and I could open up a whole bunch of stories to but I will keep quiet for now.

I got a set of bow holders for the new trailer if you're interested. They're brand new thanks to uncle. Note, it's just the holder (brackets) that mount to the trailer. I don't have the actual bows or tarp

PM me if interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks