• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lookin' For Trucks In All the Wrong Places

Capfacsurf

Hi All,

I have been eyeing the Deuce's for years and am about ready to pull the trigger. I have been watching EBay, and eyeballing the Idaho Motor Pool web site, as well as the Gov't. auctions. Since my abilities with a wrench are as yet unproven, I haven't been as keen on the auctions, since I won't really know what the heck I am doing.

I am on the Best Coast, I mean West Coast, and was looking for suggestions where I might find a Deuce in good mechanical shape. I'd rather learn by keeping a good truck running than getting a broke truck fixed. Might cost me an extra hundred or so, but education ain't cheap. With the Classified Section down, I feel a bit lost.

Thanks in advance, I thoroughly enjoy this site!

Dieselsmoke

RE: Lookin

I've got one that I just had on Ebay. Absolutely nothing needs to be done to it, it's a get in and drive truck ready to go. $4500 takes it.

BillIdaho

Iv'e known Alex at the Idaho Motor Pool for 25 years, both as a friend and professionally. I haven't ever heard of someone that bought anything from him and say they've been screwed. The "shorty" duece-and-a-half he sells is pretty cool. After driving my 5-ton, those things seem like driving an olive drab corvettte! Good luck.

houdel

Don't know how far Grass Valley is from Port Hueneme, between Malibu and Santa Barbara, but GL usually auctions 10 or more trucks at a time there. At the last auction in March prices ranged from $500-$1850. If you could get out there with someone knowledgeable in Deuces, I suspect you can pick up a decent running truck for under $2000. Seems like the folks on the Left Coast aren't too interested in deuces!

Capfacsurf

Thanks for the info everyone. I play golf occasisonally at Pt. Hueneme, but am just not knoweldable enough, yet, to feel comfortable buying at the auction. Grass Valley is sounding pretty good...... Thanks again for the help. Ironically, I just talked to a guy who has a small single axel trailer, off road capable, with a stove, fridge and tent on top, a couple of batterise....he wants $8k! Kinda' puts Deuce values into perspective.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks